As bad as this sounds, I wasn’t in the mood to make something fancy last night. I was lazy. Everyone has those days! Instead of cooking something fabulous, I decided to just take the easy route and turn to my go-to, quick dinner fixes. Pizza! Jason and I always buy the 3 packs of Pillsbury Pizza Dough at BJ’s. It’s nice to have in your fridge in case you have the case of the laziness. I grabbed whatever I could find in the fridge (which happened to be Italian salami and shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese) and threw together this pizza. It turned out pretty awesome. Nice Italian meat pizza.
- 1 can of Pillsbury pizza dough
- Package of salami
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup of tomato sauce (to be honest, I didn’t measure how much, I just poured it on the pizza)
- Mozzarella and provolone cheese, shredded
- Crushed red peppers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or whatever your can of dough says)
- On a large baking sheet, spread out the pizza dough.
- Pour on the tomato sauce and spread it around.
- Sprinkle generous amounts of cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add your slices of salami. I don’t know exactly how many slices, I just put a lot on cause Jason & I like a lot of meat on our pizzas.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top of the salami.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Slice and serve!