Okay, these zucchini cakes are freaking delicious. They sound gross and healthy but they’re far from gross and they’re pretty healthy so it’s a win-win.
I had leftover zucchini from when I made the baked zucchini sticks so I decided to make zucchini cakes! They’re another good appetizer to make, as they’re easy and most of the ingredients you should have in your pantry!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 shakes/taps of cayenne pepper (be careful, a little goes a long way!)
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Grate your zucchini.
- Squeeze out excess water from your shredded zucchini. To do this, put your shredded zucchini on 2 sheets of paper towels and squeeze the water out over the sink.
- Once you’re done, put the shredded zucchini in a bowl and put in the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine all together with your hands until it binds nicely.
- Make patties with the mixture. I had enough to make 6.
- In a skillet, add some vegetable oil and turn the heat to medium high.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, put 2-3 patties in. I cooked them 3-4 minutes on each side, but it also depends on how big your patties are. I usually turn them when they’re nice and brown.
- Serve and enjoy! You can try these with ranch dressing too.