To say I love coffee is an understatement. Every morning, I wake up and the first thing on my mind is, “ugh, gotta go to work, but I get COFFEE.” So sad, isn’t it? Coffee makes it so much easier to get through a workday. Some days, I wish I could have an IV hooked up to me that gave me shots of coffee every 3 hours. I used to not be so bad with coffee – like those caffeine headaches, I thought those were for people who were highly caffeinated every day, like 4-5 cups of coffee a day kind of people, but no, they’re for anyone drinking coffee regularly and I slowly started to realize that I do get those headaches too! I have a threshold of 2-3 hours. If I don’t have coffee within the first 2-3 hours of waking up, I’m so done for for the rest of the day. I’m like useless. I just lay lifelessly in bed and pray my pounding headache goes away. I love coffee so much though that there is no way I could give it up!
I’ve always been OBSESSED with the smell of coffee. When I was in high school, I wanted to work at a bookstore because there was a coffee shop in there. I really wanted to work at Starbucks but I knew I couldn’t handle all those strange coffee orders that some people had. Alas, none of those happened and I ended up working at a BBQ restaurant, haha.
Not only do I love the smell, I obviously LOVE the FLAVOR. If there was anything mocha or coffee flavored, I’d immediately order it. Coffee ice cream is SO good.
The first time I ever had coffee in a cookie was when I made my Anderson Cooper Compost Cookies. I believe that is the cookie that changed my life. The coffee grounds MAKE the cookie. Which is why I came up with this cookie – the cafe mocha. If you love remotely anything about coffee, you will simply adore these cookies. They’re the perfect amount of coffee flavor and they smell so good. I think I ate more batter than I care to admit. It was really hard to resist. I’m a die-hard coffee lover and these cookies hit the spot.
Grab a glass of milk and you could potentially make these a cafe mocha latte cookies? :)
Cafe Mocha Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 13 minutes | Source: Table for Two original
3 sticks (1 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups bread flour (you may use AP flour instead if you don’t have it on hand)
4 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 heaping tbsp. coffee grounds (fine or coarse)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, add flours, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and coffee grounds. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. They will look super soft but they continue cooking after you remove them from the oven.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before you move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
All images and content are © Table for Two. Please do not republish anything without prior consent. If you want to share this recipe, please REWRITE the directions in your own words, use your own photos, and link back to this post to provide proper credit. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this.