3-ingredient bbq pulled pork
3-Ingredient Barbecue Pulled Pork so delicious and the easiest meal to make in the slow cooker.
Besides my love for chocolate and peanut butter, I have another love that’s not on the sweet-side: BBQ. I even worked at a BBQ restaurant when I was in high school! I’ve always loved the sweet and tangy taste of BBQ and the burnt wood smell from the smoking. It always makes my mouth water and I’m obsessed with BBQ sauce. Jason says I use BBQ sauce like people use ketchup. It’s true — I use BBQ sauce on mostly everything and anything you can dip (well, obviously not like a banana or strawberries lol). Chicken tenders for me are always coated in honey mustard and BBQ sauce, my fries are always dipped in BBQ sauce, my steaks are never in A1, I dip them in BBQ. Yeah, it’s kind of an obsession and by some people’s standards, they think it’s gross. I always have a bottle of BBQ sauce on hand too. I might as well start jarring my own, right?
When I saw this recipe, I was so excited to try it. 3 ingredients and you basically let it cook itself. There’s hardly any work involved! Not to mention, it turned out FREAKING AWESOME. It was the most tender, moist, and flavorful BBQ shredded pork I’ve ever had. I seriously was contemplating opening up a BBQ joint after this (kidding). It helps too if you have awesome BBQ sauce. You must try making this yourself. It will become a regular on your menu and it’s seriously the easiest and most hands-free recipe out there. You basically let the slow-cooker do all the work! I let mine cook overnight while I was sleeping and I woke up to the most marvelous smell! Although, at 5:30am, it wasn’t exactly what I really wanted to smell, but nonetheless, it smelled great!
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 12 oz. (1 can) of root beer
- 18 oz. (1 bottle) of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, if you're making it a sandwich
- Put the pork in the slow cooker.
- Pour the root beer over the pork.
- Turn your slow cooker on low and let it cook for 6-7 hours.
- After 6-7 hours, take out your pork and set it on a cutting board.
- Dump out the root beer from the slow cooker.
- Shred your pork. It'll probably fall apart easily. You can do this with a fork. I did mine with the tongs I used to get the pork out.
- Put the shredded pork back in the slow cooker and pour all the BBQ sauce on top. Mix it around to coat every piece of pork.
- Let this cook for about another 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with warm hamburger buns and don't be shy with the filling!