Baked Zucchini Sticks
Baked Zucchini Sticks a tasty side that is so much healthier than fries!
I love french fries and fried zucchini sticks. If I see them on the menu, I’ll most likely order them. They aren’t exactly the greatest for you, but they’re so good. I’m not very good at resisting haha
However, if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to the deep fried stuff, definitely give these baked zucchini sticks a try. I promise you won’t miss the fried ones. Well, maybe just a little, but think healthy! And, they’re quick and easy to make. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry and fridge already!
- 1 lb. zucchini (about 3 zucchinis total)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the ends off your zucchini then cut the zucchini in half. Then cut it in half, lengthwise. Cut those in half, lengthwise again. Stack them, round side up, and cut them into sticks.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Get your baking sheet ready. Spray with olive oil spray.
- Coat 4-5 zucchini sticks in the egg mixture.
- Then coat it in the bread crumb mixture, making sure to shake off excess.
- Put on baking sheet and repeat until all the zucchini have been coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the zucchini over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce or if you want to be bad, ranch dressing :)
Note: your bread crumb mixture will start to get gunky and start to clump up. You can just pour more bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder into the bowl if this happens before you finish all your zucchini.
Posted on June 28, 2011