Banana Bread for Dad
I made banana bread in honor of my Dad’s birthday. Make some and celebrate with us!
My dad’s favorite type of bread has always been banana bread. Whenever my mom made it, he’d have it for breakfast every morning until it was all gone. My brother and I were never huge fans of banana bread (although I am now) so my dad lucked out there ;)
I’ve never really made many treats for my dad because he’s not too fond of the typical American desserts. He always deems them too sweet. Sometimes, for the sake of seeing me smile, he’ll grin and bear it and eat the dessert with no complaints.
That’s just a glimpse of what kind of father my dad is. He has always put his children first and no matter what hardships, he’s always given us everything we ever so desired. He is the most generous man I know and so selfless. His heart is full and so filled up with love. He’s always been behind me 110% to support me. He has never once let me down.
Today is my dad’s 57th birthday. I made this banana bread for him. I gave it to him last weekend and the smile on his face made it worth every ounce of love that went into this bread.
It kind of breaks my heart that he’s getting old. The wrinkles are getting deeper, the grey hairs are more prominent, and his health isn’t what it used to be. I’m fortunate enough to see him and my mom the amount that I do because of how close by they are, but even so, I feel that every moment I get with my parents now is worth a lifetime and every banana bread I bake my dad will never be enough to thank him for giving me everything I could’ve asked for.
I love you, dad. Happy birthday!
Sorry this wasn’t a typical post, I felt that since it was my dad’s birthday, it was appropriate to have a post dedicated to him since this bread was made especially for him :)
- 3 ripened bananas, peeled and mashed
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the first 4 ingredients and mix until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Then slowly pour it in the stand mixer, beating on low until batter forms and is mixed well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.
- Keep in airtight container for up to a week.