Beyond the Table
- We’re supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow on Monday. I just want it to be Spring already…hence the photos of the pretty hydrangeas.
- Colleen Hoover. She should be your new favorite author because I’ve been devouring every single book of hers. I read Hopeless a few months ago and then went on to other authors but I kept coming back to her. I just finished Never, Never and finished up the Slammed Series. Her novels are so gripping. They have your heart pounding, they have you crying, laughing, and falling in love with the characters. Ugh, I just can’t even begin to explain to you my love for her books. You need to either read Hopeless or the Slammed Series. Either one of those will literally have you going OMFG.
- I got on a weird OCD kick while I was at work the other day. I literally started looking up professional organizers because I wanna organize my . I legit wanted to hire one. Did you know there’s a NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of professional organizers?! I didn’t even realize that was a thing! I have a feeling if I hired one (mainly for my kitchen area), I’d want her to do my entire house.
- YOU GUYS. Have you heard of Gizoogle? Thanks to Brandy, I can’t stop laughing reading my blog in “thug” speak. If you’re easily offended with crude language, I don’t suggest you click this link…but if you want a good laugh, click this to see my blog translated, haha..then go translate your blog or something.
- I have a love/hate with surprises. I’m always wanting to be surprised but I really hate them. I think I like the romantic IDEA of being surprised. Jason told me I’m not allowed to check the mail for the next week because my birthday present is coming. SUCH A TEASE. Every day, I fire off questions for him and hope that he’ll slip up. He’s good, he hasn’t…..yet. Although, I guess I could just wait til next Saturday to find out what it is but it’s killllling me to not know.
- Jason and I are trying out Blue Apron (nope, not a sponsored thing – doing it all on our own!). I know, I know..you’re probably thinking, “but why? You’re a food blogger.” Yes, I realize that but honestly, I’m completely burned out. From recipe development for the blog and keeping up with the blog, there are many many nights I come home in the evenings completely drained and the last thing I want to think about is what to make for dinner or to even go to the store. I love Blue Apron’s concept. Ingredients and recipe ideas delivered to your doorstep for the week and YOU do the cooking. I like that it’s not already made and it’s still a home-cooked meal with fresh ingredients. They just do the legwork for you. Does anyone do this? I know it’s wildly popular right now. We’re on the free trial and we’re definitely contemplating doing more weeks of it. It’s SO convenient!
- Has anyone seen American Sniper? It looks really good and I’m sure there are some tough parts but it is what it is. I was so sad to learn that the guy in real life was killed recently. So horrible. I’m glad that they were able to continue to make the movie and share his story with the world.
Just a quick note that there are some affiliate links within this post! xx
Posted on January 23, 2015