Cheesy Chorizo Chili Dip
I am so excited to share this cheesy chorizo chili dip recipe with you guys because hello: tailgating season/game days have officially arrived! This dip is the perfect appetizer to have at the table for snacking. Honestly, my favorite part of football season isn’t the actual game. I’m all about the food possibilities and the excuse to eat to my heart’s content on game days.
This cheesy chorizo chili dip can potentially warm you up, too, on chilly days because of the heat from the chorizo sausage. What more could you ask for? An appetizer that can keep you warm, full, and satisfied? I’m thinking you need to make this immediately!
This is a sponsored post by Hunt’s tomatoes. All opinions are my own.
Okay, let’s run through the ingredients for this cheesy chorizo chili dip. It’s pretty much got everything that you would want in a stovetop chili but in a dip form. Chorizo sausage, black beans, Hunt’s Recipe Ready Paste (which, can we talk about how AWESOME the concept of having them in POUCHES is?), Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes, cheese, jalapeños, and more!
I can’t believe tomato paste in pouches has not been thought of until now. Freaking genius! I’m always so annoyed that you don’t use that much paste from a can and then you have to cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge and then if you don’t use it quick enough, it starts to mold. With Hunt’s Recipe Ready Paste, it’s a hassle-free way to add tomato paste to any dish with two tablespoons of pre-measured tomato paste – the most common serving size for recipes (like this one!). Nothing is different about this paste in a pouch as opposed to a can. It’s the same great 100% natural tomato paste found in the can.
I really like that if I only need to use one tablespoon of tomato paste, I can just guesstimate by squeezing half of the pouch into the dish. And I really like that I can roll down the pouch like toothpaste to get it all out without waste. If I don’t need to use it all, I just throw it into a plastic bag and put it in the fridge. No mess. I love it! Next time you’re at the store, look for it where the canned tomatoes are!
A cheesy dip for all your tailgating and game days! This cheesy chorizo chili dip is so easy to whip up and a little too easy to eat!
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pack of Hunt's Recipe Ready Paste
- 1/2 cup Hunt's petite diced tomatoes, juices drained
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup freshly shredded Colby jack cheese
- Chopped scallions, for topping (optional)
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, brown chorizo sausage and break it into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and jalapeno to the skillet. Toss to incorporate.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture and incorporate and mix for 30 seconds to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Carefully add milk then the cheese. Cook until mixture has thickened and cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips and sprinkle scallions on top, if using.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt’s tomatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.
Posted on October 12, 2016