Cookies & Creme Rice Krispies
Love Oreos? Try cookies & creme rice krispies
It’s June. We are already 6 months into the year. Where does time go these days? Next thing you know, we’ll be seeing snow on the ground, earlier darkness, and chasing natural light again. June means summer to me and summer means ice cream. But I didn’t bring you an ice cream treat today, I brought you a flavor of ice cream that my taste buds are having a party over. Cookies and creme. Truth be told, I have a love/hate relationship with cookies and creme. I think I ate it too much as a kid so in my teen years I’d only get mint chocolate chip ice cream, and now I’ve fallen in love again with cookies and creme.
Chick-Fil-A cookies and creme milkshake: SO bad for you but oh so good it hurts. I’m pretty sure that’s where my love affair with cookies and creme began again. Jason was shocked when we first started dating that I’ve never had one from Chick-Fil-A. We went and each got one (yeah, we should’ve just split one but whatever, that was pre-diet days……which I guess explains why I’m on a diet now..hrmph) and woah nelly, the heavens opened up and I was practically in heaven over these milkshakes. And then being the crazy person that I am, I looked up the caloric intake of such an orgasmic milkshake and nearly spit out my mouthful all in Jason’s new car (at that time).
Those darn addictive milkshakes. I have to give up on them. Which, as of now, I have because it’s just so disgusting downing the amount of saturated fat and sugar.
Although I’ve ended my relationship with Chick-Fil-A cookies and creme milkshake, my love affair with cookies and creme has not ended, sorry but I’m not sorry, Jason. If I didn’t have this affair, these yummy treats would not have been in our kitchen :)
These were SO good. Definitely a great way to get my cookies and creme fix. The marshmallows could be the “whipped cream” part of the milkshake, if you will. This is a great twist on rice krispies if you’re tired of the regular flavor. Go make some!
Have a great weekend, y’all! :)
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 16-18 Oreos, crushed
- Grease a 8×8″ pan and set aside.
- In a large ziploc bag, place the Oreos in, seal the bag, and with a rolling pin, crush the Oreos until they’re smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt 3 tbsp. butter. Once butter has melted, add in the bag of marshmallows and stir until all the marshmallows have melted then remove from heat. Gently fold in the rice cereal then fold in the Oreo’s.
- Pour all the contents into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. To make this faster/easier, I usually spray my hands with some cooking spray and use my hands to press down on the mixture until it’s evenly spread out.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.