English Tea Sandwiches
There are so many food holidays out there that I cannot keep them straight. I think there is a ‘national’ something day every single day.
With that being said, did you know TODAY is National Hummus Day? Probably one of the best national food days of the year, to be honest. I love hummus and could eat it mass quantities that would be far too embarrassing to admit. All the flavors that Sabra has doesn’t make my addiction any easier though. My favorites right now are their roasted red pepper hummus, lemon twist hummus, and their olive tapenade hummus.
I could live off hummus and pita chips and lattes. But not together, because that just wouldn’t be very tasty.
These cute little English tea sandwiches are verified 100% tasty. I know, I know. They aren’t 100% legit English because of the hummus but it still totally works!
These little bite size English tea sandwiches are the perfect unofficial meal you could have. The easiest snack for when hunger strikes but you aren’t quite ready for a full meal. I used Sabra’s lemon twist hummus for these tea sandwiches because the lemon flavor in combination with the smoked salmon and crisp cucumbers were the most ideal!
Snack on with Sabra! To celebrate National Hummus Day, Sabra has a $2 coupon for you on any one (1) Sabra hummus! Go here to share the coupon and unlock your own! It’s only available today, 5/13 from midnight to midnight EST.
Hope you have a happy National Hummus Day! Remember, it’s not just today that hummus is good. Hummus is always a good thing!
Celebrate National Hummus Day with this twist on English tea sandwiches!
- 8 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 8 slices of white bread
- 1 container of Sabra Lemon Twist Hummus
- 1 package of smoked salmon
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Cut off the crusts of the bread slices and then cut the bread into long rectangles, about 2 inches in length.
- Spread a generous layer of Sabra Lemon Twist Hummus onto each rectangle. Place smoked salmon or cucumbers on top of the hummus.
- If you're making the cucumber sandwich, top with another bread slice. The salmon sandwich should be open-faced and topped with dill (if desired).
- Serve on a cake platter or similar.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Sabra. I was compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.
Posted on May 13, 2016