Table for Two Kitchen Goals for 2012 including making pie, cheesecake and souffle!
Happy New Year, everyone! I hope y’all had great celebrations with friends and family. I can’t believe 2012 is already here! I want to say thank you to my readers. I only started this blog less than a year ago but I’ve already met so many wonderful friends and I cannot believe how far I’ve come. I hope I can continue to share and inspire you this year and continue to make great friendships through my kitchen :)
Every year, we all make “resolutions” of accomplishments we hope to achieve before the end of the year.
This year, instead of having resolutions, I want to have kitchen goals. There are a lot of kitchen techniques, dishes, and desserts that I have yet to try and as a challenge to myself, I want to make a list of these goals and see which ones I can do by the end of the year. Being in the kitchen is all about learning and trial and error and I’m all for that!
Kitchen goals of mine:
- Frost cupcakes with pastry tips
- Make macarons
- Make candy or caramel, something where you boil sugar to a temperature
- Make a cake including frosting it
- Make a pie
- Make cheesecake
- Make bread
- Use quinoa
Learn how to use yeast
- Make more Asian dishes from childhood
- Make ice cream
- Make fresh pasta
- Make biscuits
- Make scones
- Make a trifle
- Make souffle or popovers
- Go to at least 2 or 3 food blog conferences (ok, maybe this isn’t a kitchen goal but it’ll help me in the kitchen!)
- Meet at least 5 of my blogger friends and followers
- Improve my photography in and outside the kitchen
- Take a new picture of myself, preferably in the kitchen, for a new avatar
As you can see, there’s a lot I have to learn and do. I’m so excited I have a full year to do all this and I’m sure my list will continue to grow. I’ll probably keep updating this list so this time next year, I can come back and see what I can cross off my list :)
Am I missing anything? Any suggestions? I love challenges! Do you have any kitchen goals for 2012? Please share!
Posted on January 02, 2012