pumpkin oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries & chocolate chips
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with dried cranberries and chocolate chips for a wonderful fall-inspired cookie that will leave everyone begging for more!
What can I say about these cookies? I know couldn’t say much after the first bite as they left me speechless & I continued to shovel more in my mouth! Confession: as I’m writing this, I’m eating one :)
I’ve made a lot of desserts in my lifetime and there have only been two that I’ll rave about and probably make over and over again when I entertain and bring for friends & family. You bet these cookies are on the list! I’m so glad I found this recipe! Thanks Maria for sharing them :)
The combination of the tart dried cranberries and the sugary chocolate chips is a combination I’ve never thought to use, and yet, it’s one of those combinations that is like a flavor explosion in your mouth. It’s like having chocolate covered cranberries in granola. I love the oatmeal in these too. It gives it great texture. Oh, and we can’t forget the pumpkin and pumpkin spice. My entire apartment smelt of Autumn sweetness.
It was a huge hit with Jason — in his words, “they’re friggin wow, oh my gosh” — & they were devoured at my girls’ night. If you’re looking for something to bake this holiday season, please make this the cookie to bake. It will be an absolute hit and I guarantee you everyone will be asking for this recipe. It’s so hard to have just one of these! Too hard to resist ;)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter and sugars (brown & white) until light and creamy.
- Add in the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract and blend together until well combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until all is combined in a thick batter.
- Fold in the oats, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries. You’re gonna need some elbow grease here! It’s a very thick batter once everything is added in!
- Drop cookies onto baking sheet in rounded tablespoons, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Gobble them up & share with family & friends :)