Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls
How did we end up in November? It’s the 2nd to last month of 2016 and I swear this entire year has been a blur. I will admit, I am kind of excited how fast it’s going because I’m selfish and I just want our new house to be completed :) a little over five months left!
Now that it’s November, have you started thinking about your Thanksgiving day menu? To be honest, I haven’t thought about it at all. I actually have been thinking more about Christmas gifts for people more than I have been about Thanksgiving.
OMG speaking of Christmas and holidays…
I signed up for a gift wrapping workshop at Paper Source.
YES, I do not know how to adult. I am THE WORST present wrapper you will ever meet. I can easily overlap the wrapping paper and have it tight over the package but the ends? Haha, it’s pathetic. I literally scrunch it up and put a bunch of tape over it. It comes out all lumpy and pretty much looks like a two year old did it. Actually, no, I think a two year old would do a far better job than I would.
I know, I know. I can use gift bags and that’s usually what I do but I feel like at some point in my life I need to learn how to properly wrap a present and more specifically a box. I am turning 30 in a couple months after all…I think it’ll be a fun class to take with one of my girl friends. She apparently loves to wrap presents though lol
Pumpkin pie energy balls! You’ll need these for Thanksgiving day ;)
But really, if you’re doing a low-key Thanksgiving and don’t want to do a pie, you could easily roll up these balls as your sweet treat. Or, if you’re going to a large party and you are watching your sugar intake, you could bring a plastic baggy of a few of these balls to snack on while dessert is being served. Or, these are a great seasonal snack for pre or post workout!
Roll them balls!
A naturally sweetened seasonal snack that will curb that sweet tooth when you need to!
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup heaping old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of a powerful food processor and process until mixture is easily formed in the palm of your hands when you squeeze it together.
- If the mixture is too crumbly, the dates might be too dry so soak a few dates in water for 10-15 minutes then process those dates and mix into the mixture with a spatula.
- Form mixture into balls by using a medium cookie scoop to scoop out the mixture (to have uniform/same size balls) into the palm of your hands then squeeze and roll!
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
Posted on November 02, 2016