pumpkin spice granola with dried cranberries
Pumpkin Spice Granola with Dried Cranberries one of my all time favorite treats!
I know what you’re thinking — pumpkin season is over, let’s move on to the holiday stuff.
Hear me out here: I just could not resist making this. I love granola. I eat it in cereal, I eat it as a snack, I put them in my Greek yogurt, I just love love love granola. Not to mention, I still had pumpkin pie spice leftover so I really did have to make this (it also made my apartment smell guh-lorious!). It’s great to have this around the house — AND most importantly, it makes a great gift ;) You can put this in mason jars and tie a nice ribbon around it (with the recipe, of course) and you have a beautiful and delicious homemade present!
There is nothing I don’t love about this granola. It’s got my favorite dried fruit, it’s got pumpkin spice covered oats, and it’s crunchy. I can’t stop picking at the tray. It’s going to be so unbelievably good in cereal or just a snack at work. Have I convinced you enough yet that even though the pumpkin season may be over, it’s still not too late to make this for yourself..or some coworkers..or family..or neighbors..you get the drift ;)
delicious granola for breakfast or to pair with yogurt!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, dark brown sugar, butter, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Mix in oats and walnuts or pecans. Coat it well with the wet mixture.
- Spread evenly on a large baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and stir in the dried cranberries (really meaning just mix it around on the baking sheet with a spatula).
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Posted on December 09, 2011