Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta w/Goat Cheese
Make this roasted red pepper pesto pasta for a simple and flavorful dinner
There are two problems with being on a conference call for work. One, having to use the bathroom, and two, being ravenous. That kind of sounds gross, doesn’t it? Well, those two things decided to embark itself upon me yesterday. I was on a conference call with some clients and then my bladder decides to scream at me. Yeah, well, I couldn’t leave my chair for one full hour and we were only 20 minutes into the call. And then on top of my bladder (literally), my stomach decides to grumble at me. Well for crying out loud, apparently I can’t control my bodily functions. I almost pulled a Bethenny Frankel. Has anyone seen that episode? She’s about to walk down the aisle and she’s like 7 months pregnant and needs to go to the bathroom, so she stands over a trashcan with her assistants holding up her dress.
While it’d be nice if I had assistants, I would’ve probably done it on my own. I do have an office door. But I’M KIDDING. I would never do something like that especially at work.
Okay so on top of all my issues, I decided that I needed more reasons to be hungry so I went on Pinterest and Foodgawker and proceeded to stare at FOOD. Yeah, I’m so smart.
But I digress. I’m here to welcome you to the sequel of yesterday’s roasted red pepper pesto. Of all the things you have on your “to-make” list, I highly suggest you shove all your priorities aside and make this asap. Like burn that sheet of paper and make this instead. Okay, I’m just kidding (maybe), but this is some kick-ass pasta and your taste buds are just BEGGING you to enlighten them with it.
A simple yet extremely flavor-filled dinner!
- 4-5 tbsp roasted red pepper pesto
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 3/4 pound spaghetti pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil to garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Drop in your pasta and cook it according to instructions on the box.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, "melt" the 4-5 tbsp. of roasted red pepper pesto along with the goat cheese. Get some of the reserved pasta water and pour it in the skillet as well to thin out the mixture.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain well and add it to the skillet. Turn the heat off and toss the pasta well to coat in mixture.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and serve immediately.
Posted on June 21, 2012