Spicy Honey and Lime Wings
Spicy Honey and Lime Wings recipe that is sweet and tangy and just right for a night at home.
Who doesn’t love wings? You know you eat them all the time at bars and attend “wing nights” at your local Glory Days and/or Buffalo Wild Wings. Why not make your own for half the cost and twice the amount? Did I also mention how awesome these taste?? Sweet and tangy with a little crisp from the grill char.
- 1 package of chicken drummettes
- 1 package of chicken wings
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, put the olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic cloves in.
- Toss the chicken in the olive oil mixture, coating the wings.
- Put on a large baking sheet and put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lime and honey mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, honey and spices. Mix together.
- When the chicken finishes cooking, turn off the oven and put the chicken in the lime mixture and let marinade for 30 minutes. Tossing around occasionally to get all the wings evenly coated.
- If you don’t have access to an outdoor grill, you can either use a griddler (I used my Cuisinart Griddler Gourmet) or a skillet or grill pan.
- Put the chicken on the grill/griddler/skillet/grill pan and let the outside skin get the nice grill marks, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Do the same thing to the remaining chicken.
- Plate and serve!
Adapted from: What’s Cookin, Chicago?