strawberry cream cheese cookies
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day.
It’s Valentine’s Day!!
Fluffy pink cookies are totally something you should make
And load them with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles
Cause who would really be opposed to receiving these?
Well, here we are. Valentine’s Day or Singles Awareness Day or whatever you call it or celebrate. It’s a day full of love and colorful hearts and sweet notes exchanged.
As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t really care for this day in particular because I just believe it’s a marketing ploy but whatever, it gives me an excuse to bake really girly treats and I’m sure J appreciates eating a pink cookie. Very manly, eh?
These cookies are really easy to make, it’s part boxed strawberry cake mix (AHH, SHOOT ME NOW if you’re not a fan of using that stuff) and part from the heart :) they turned out really soft and fluffy and pretty addicting. Cookies are just too easy to eat. AMEN.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s day and make these cookies apart of your celebration, or whatever you choose to do tonight :)
How adorably festive are these cookies?!
- 1 box of strawberry flavored cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 of water, you'll want to start with 1/4 cup and add extra if needed
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- Valentine's day sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg, oil and water. Stir by hand with wooden spoon until everything is evenly combined. If the batter becomes too thick, add water, but a tbsp. at a time.
- Scoop dough with a medium sized cookie scoop into the palm of your hands and form into a ball. Place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, until slightly crackled on the top and the edges are starting to be golden.
- In the meantime, while the cookies are baking, prepare the frosting by beating the cream cheese in a bowl of a stand mixer until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, milk, and red food coloring. Continue to beat until color starts to form and everything is smooth. Set aside.
- When cookies are done baking, let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies are completely cool, spread frosting atop the cookies and then garnish with sprinkles.
- Keep cookies in an airtight container. You may choose to put them in the fridge because of the cream cheese or let them sit out (if there are any left!). I didn't let my cookies sit out for more than 3 days.
Source: Espresso and Cream
Posted on February 14, 2012