If you’re doing Black Friday shopping or Cyber Monday shopping, this 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is here to help you choose the perfect gift for your friends and family!
Are you ready to bust out those credit cards and get shopping?! I’ve put together a real quick holiday gift guide to help you out this year. I always have a difficult time finding the “perfect” gift for someone but sometimes, the simplest will do! I still think men are the hardest to shop for ;)
Gift cards – ok, everyone says gift cards are a total cop out and not “from the heart” and I really hate that gift cards get that stigma. I personally LOVE gift cards. I really really do. I love that I can get anything I want with most gift cards (Amazon/Target/VISA) and there’s no guessing game for people. Holiday shopping is hard enough, might as well just get the person a gift card so they can get what they really want instead of you guessing and having them be all awkward when they open it up, “ohhh..uhhh, thanks!” Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Plus, who doesn’t love opening up their wallet and seeing a movie gift card or Starbucks gift card just sitting in there waiting to be used? There are some awesome movies out right now and coming out soon, too!
Oh and restaurant gift cards are also pretty sweet. Let your friend/family member try out a new restaurant that they might not have had the chance to go to yet and one that you love and know they’ll love too!
Memberships – Amazon.com lets you buy Prime memberships for your friends and family now. IT’S THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING. I ADORE Amazon Prime. I like, have an Amazon shopping addiction thanks to Amazon Prime. Also, now they’ll soon be launching Sunday deliveries with USPS (special contract with them). So yeah. Oh, and Netflix – who wouldn’t want to watch endless hours of tv? We’re completely hooked on Netflix now. I refrained from it for years and years and finally gave in last month. Best.thing.ever. Other membership ideas: XBOX Live account, gym membership (haha, ok that might be bad, but really, I asked for a 1-month membership for Pure Barre on my Christmas list), Hulu membership.
Homemade gift idea
Make homemade cookies and put them into wide-mouth Mason jars and tie a pretty ribbon around the jar. Super cute gift idea that’s homemade and baked with love!
Kitchen gadgets – for those foodie lovers in your life.
- The ever-classic Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Dutch Oven. I seriously use mine every single day.
- Cookie scoop – who doesn’t love cookies? Cookie scoops make my life. They make all my cookies the same shape and are the perfect size every time!
- A really good knife set. You use them for everything so why not have a really really good set? Jason got me one our first year together and I love him so much for it. A sharp knife is much needed in a kitchen!
- Food processor. I use mine quite often – grating bulk cheeses, pizza doughs, crusts, sauces, dressings, you name it!
- Spatulas – the more, the better, and the more colorful, the better :)
- Cast iron skillet – you need one in the kitchen. I mean, Pioneer Woman has one, right? Ha, but really, they’re awesome to use as your every day skillet and I love how well they brown meats and give a nice crust on steaks!
- Cookbooks! If you need suggestions, let me know in the comments below.
Around the house – those knick-knack items
- Candles! I always have a candle lit. Makes the house smell so good. I love bakery scent ones, but there’s always a plethora of scents to choose from. I’d play it safe and get a scent that most people have smelled before. Don’t go for some weirdo named flower bouquet blossom awesome power kinda scent. Might not get a good reaction!
- Slippers – these Fireside Slippers from Victoria’s Secret are freaking adorable and for $25? I want them all. Perfect stuffing stuffer for that lady in your life ;)
- iPod speaker dock – ya know, so you can jam out in whatever room you’re in or in the kitchen when you’re baking up goodies.
- Pottery Barn has the best throws/blankets. I love them on couches and beds. I just love snuggling up with one, especially in front of the fire or tv!
- Custom iPhone case! They’re fun and personalized :)
- Who hates when their iPhone is below 50% power? Do you freak out? I totally do, and then I start hunting for the next available outlet I see. Well, that’s just awkward. Save yourself and just buy one of these portable chargers that you can just put in a purse or pocket and charge on the go. Seriously, I LOVE mine. I’m always connected – is that good or bad? Lol – anyway, awesome stocking stuffer that will be constantly used.
- Noise-canceling headphones. Lifesaver is all I have to say. I bought Jason a pair of these and they’re amazing to have on the plane. You can’t hear A THING (he can’t hear me nagging, ha!). If you travel a lot or just travel in general, you’ll love this.
- Nike Fuel Band – my brother has this and apparently it tracks and helps you stay more active. You set a goal and it tells you on your wrist how well you’re doing and there’s an iPhone app that goes with it, too. I think you can share stats with your friends and you guys can keep each other in check.
- Foam rollers – Gina introduced me to these and I love how good they make you feel. It hurts but it’s a good hurt. I get sore after my Barre classes so I hop on (figuratively, of course) my foam roller and instantly have soreness relief!
- For those that listen to music while they workout, an iTunes gift card would be perfect for them!
- His favorite cologne
- Awesome shaving cream that keeps his skin nice and smooth!
- Any other ideas? Leave them in the comments below.
- Nail polish (or a Sephora gift card will do)
- My favorite perfume or go raid her toiletries cabinet when she’s not looking/there and find out which perfume she’s getting low on.
Do you have any fun gift ideas? Leave them in the comments below! It’ll be helpful for everyone to see :)
There are affiliate links within this post.