When we were young, pound cake was one of those breakfasts that you’d see on our breakfast table. My brother and I LOVED seeing that when we came downstairs. What was better than pound cake for breakfast? Warm and toasted pound cake. My mom would put them in the toaster oven and omg, it’d come out so good!
Now granted, we definitely don’t eat like that any more but there is always room for some decadence and some throwbacks to childhood. I haven’t had frozen pound cake in ages. I knew I wanted to jazz up dessert so right away, I wanted to toss pound cake in apple pie spice given the season we’re in. And ode to apples, I should say.
Enter in apple spice cinnamon sugar pound cake bites. These little mini bites are 100% irresistible and the easiest ever to make. Can you say the best kept secret in perfect party dessert planning? Just stick a toothpick in each of these bites and your guests will be plucking these off the plate and popping them in their mouths over and over again! It’s addictive and it makes your house smell like a carnival or bakery!
Apple Spice Cinnamon Sugar Pound Cake Bites
- 1 pound cake, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- Slice the thawed pound cake into 1-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together granulated sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add half the pound cake cubes to the skillet. Toast and brown the pound cake on all four sides. Immediately toss into sugar mixture and coat the pound cake entirely. Remove and set on a plate while you do the remaining pound cake and repeat the sugar-coating steps above.
- Enjoy immediately!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.