Love these fresh strawberries we got from the farmer’s market!!
These cute little appetizers that are perfect for summer entertaining. The puff pastry gives this a light, crunchy texture, and the strawberry, balsamic, and mascarpone all go together so well. The creamy mascarpone and tangy balsamic pair extremely well with the fresh sweet strawberries. I love puff pastries – they’re so versatile especially for finger appetizers. The third picture above shows all the flakey, buttery layers and all the components within this tiny appetizer. It’s really the perfect summer treat! It comes together in no time!
The ideal appetizers for summer entertaining!
- 1 pound package of frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 strawberries, hulled, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set side.
- In a medium bowl, toss strawberries, sugar, and balsamic vinegar together and set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a flat surface and using a 2.5 inch round biscuit cutter, cut the puff pastry into circles and place them on the lined baking sheets. Using a pastry brush, brush beaten egg on the rounds.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through and switching the baking sheet on the top rack to the bottom and the bottom to the top, until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. Let puff pastries cool 10 minutes before filling them.
- When ready to fill the puff pastries, gently poke a hole in the middle of the puff pastry and using a tsp. measure, put a dollop of mascarpone cheese in the center then add the balsamic strawberries on top. Drizzle additional balsamic vinegar, if desired. Repeat until all puff pastries have been filled.
- You can refrigerate this for a few hours prior to serving or you can serve them warm so the mascarpone is slightly melted.