We got some good news on Monday morning about Winston: no parasites! So it was just too many treats at physical therapy. Who would’ve thought? I guess too much of a good thing isn’t always good! The lesson learned in this? Moderation! And using boiled chicken as his ‘treats’ at his next physical therapy appointment, haha
On Monday, we got a decent amount of snow (4 inches) and ice! Then yesterday it all melted because the temps went up to 53 degrees. Haha, this weather is so whack. I looked at the calendar yesterday and it hit me that we’re already halfway through February and MARCH is right around the corner. It’s peeping its head and waving at me. I cannot believe how fast winter is actually going (yay!) – there is less than a month before daylight savings!! Yay for longer days!
Also, I have never made cauliflower rice before and I’m questioning myself as to why because it’s SO EASY. You literally just throw it in a food processor, uncooked, and let it go! Cauliflower rice in like 5 seconds. You are going to love this cauliflower bowl especially topped with a beer-cheese sauce!
Beer and Brat Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Bowl
For the cauliflower bowl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ pounds brats,, casings removed
- 6 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped leeks
- 2 ½ cups riced cauliflower*
- Salt and pepper,, to taste
For the beer-cheese sauce
- 8 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese,, fine cut
- ⅔ cup any IPA beer
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil over medium-high heat and brown brats and crumble with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add mushrooms and leeks and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and cook until mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add cheese, beer, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until all cheese is melted and it's a smooth consistency.
- Reserve some cheese sauce to pour on top, if desired, but otherwise, pour all over cauliflower mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Serve and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.