Beyond the Table
- Jason and I saw Furious 7 last weekend and I cried my eyes out. Who would’ve thought I’d be crying in a Fast and Furious movie? The tribute to Paul Walker was incredibly touching and there was seriously no dry eyes in the theater after the movie. Even the guys were like ‘woah.’ I mean overall, I think this was the best Fast and Furious movie not just ’cause of the whole tribute to Paul Walker but the action scenes were just so good! I want to see it again! Of course, then I found the video to the song that was playing at the end of the video and it’s a tribute as well and I was sitting in my office on Monday morning crying my eyes out. Sigh, I still can’t believe Paul Walker is gone.
- There’s a new iOS update that finally updates the emoji keyboard. Sadly, the update still doesn’t include any thing cool. No cheese, no tacos, no new foods. Just new ethnicities and country flags. I’m ALL for that because why should all emojis be white people? BUT I desperately was hoping for some new food emojis. Or a middle finger emoji. Ya know.
- Do you guys subscribe to The Skimm? Best way to get your news delivered (thanks Brandy). If you’re busy like me and tend to just skim the news anyway, The Skimm newsletter team reads the news for you and then summarize what’s going on. It’s basically cliffnotes for current events. You don’t really have to think. And they have a really great sense of humor and tell me things I otherwise would’ve missed by skipping around on a newspaper. They also are completely unbiased. They don’t formulate opinions in your head or whatever. It’s just the news at face value. I look forward to opening my inbox every morning. You should sign up for your daily dose of current events minus the whole thinking part cause personally, I know I need loads of coffee before thinking ;)
- I must’ve been living under a rock but Spotify? Love it. I like it better than Pandora. I can create playlists and stream music while I’m in the kitchen and everything. I honestly don’t know how I’m just now getting into this whole online music streaming thing, lol
- Kevin Hart + Jimmy Fallon are HILARIOUS. This made me LOL at work.
- Omg. No way. Bring your own cup to 7-11 day is tomorrow. Umm slurpee lovers, this is your day! I see a lot of people being on a sugar high and crashing tomorrow.
- If you’re ever in the DC-area you gotta grab a reservation at Komi. Gina, Brandy, Jason, and I went there last night for dinner and oh my god. It was amazing. I don’t even know how many courses we had. I just know the food was unbelievable. You aren’t allowed to take photos in there but you just look up reviews on TripAdvisor. Amaaazing.
Posted on April 10, 2015