- I stopped going to Pure Barre because it got too boring for me after I started going to SoulCycle. This new cycling studio opened up near me called Zengo Cycle and while I absolutely LOVE spinning, I’m noticing I’m not as tone in my core as before when I was going to Pure Barre. I’m not a millionaire and can’t buy two different studio packages so my friend told me about Fitness Blender. Free workout videos that are actually legit and you can filter your searches to focus on what you want to focus on. For me, I filtered it down to ‘core’ and I did two core workouts after my cycle class on Friday and I couldn’t move on Saturday morning. Haha, I hope to keep this up so I can just do spinning for cardio and Fitness Blender for toning.
- Andy Grammer – my new favorite artist, you know, the one who sings that song ‘Honey, I’m Good.’ I saved all his song on my Spotify playlist and can’t stop listening. It does bother me that his last name is Grammer and not GrammAr..like the correct way to actually spell Grammar haha
- Gina told me about this new documentary series on Netflix called Chef’s Table and it’s basically watching food p*rn. It’s world renowned chefs and the story of them and their restaurants and how they got to the point where they are now. These chefs are like Michelin star chefs and watching them create the dishes they create and hearing about their philosophy on food is so awe-inspiring.
- Okay, so we have like a billion Whole Foods in the area and the one that’s five minutes from my house is epic. It’s the Mid-Atlantic flagship Whole Foods so they test a lot of concepts at this one. There’s a freaking second floor with a wine bar on it and not to mention like five-six different restaurants in this Whole Foods. Well, I thought we were cool and lucky to be living so close to the flagship until Whole Foods decided to trump itself by acquiring space 20 minutes from where we live to build a 70,000 square-foot flagship Whole Foods. SEVENTY-THOUSAND square foot. Like I can’t even fathom how huge that is.
- Anyone in the DC-area want sold out Taylor Swift concert tickets? ‘Cause I have three for sale. In a freaking good section too. I’m like dying inside that I can’t go anymore. Womp womp.
- I’m intrigued with this Whole30 thing. I like the idea of eating whole and then reintroducing foods into your body to see what you react to and whatnot BUT I don’t think I could last 30 days. Jason already said he wouldn’t do it and the fact I do recipe development and the blog would be REALLY hard to keep on track. I mean, I guess I could make whole meals for the blog the entire time, but not sure that’s “me.” Have you done Whole30? Would love your thoughts!
- It really bugs me that our storm door doesn’t have a screen. I really want a storm door where the glass slides up so there’s a screen so we can open the front door for fresh air but all the reviews I’ve read on the storm doors I want have been horrible. Like how the installation was bad and there wasn’t a good seal so then the wood around the door frame just rotted. Haaalllp me! I don’t know what to do!