Hi, hi! I stopped doing Beyond the Tables a while ago and I really truly miss it. I want to be consistent about it but some days I have NOTHING to talk about so that’s why I was so inconsistently consistent back in the day. I’ll maybe try to do them bi-weekly or once a month? I don’t know! What do you think? I just don’t think anyone reads these ramblings because the engagement on my previous ones are so low but I truly do love talking about things other than food from time to time!
- I’m over on Instagram Stories and I do daily ‘question of the day’ prompts over there. I think I’ve been doing them for a few weeks now and you guys, it’s so much fun! I love hearing what everyone’s answers are and I answer them too. It’s a fun little bond between you guys and me and to see how much (or how little) we have in common!
- This is freaking hysterical. I imagine this is what it must be like to work from home with kids ?
- I still can’t believe we got a snow storm last week. Um, it’s March. And how is climate change still an argument?
- Collagen. If you have been following me on Instagram Stories, you will have seen my daily morning coffee routine which includes my two scoops of collagen. I initially bought collagen for the bone and joint benefits but I got so much more than that. Collagen is great for skin, hair, and nails too but I didn’t think anything of it when I bought it specifically for my bone and joint benefits. Well, you guys. My hair is growing like a weed, my lashes are LONG; like I’ve never had lashes before and could never use mascara because Asian lashes are dumb. My nails grow so fast and how I know it’s doing really well for my skin? I have had crazy dry scalp issues for years. It got to the point where literally after a shower my scalp would just start flaking off in chunks and I had to go to the dermatologist to get this figured out. They gave me all these steroid foams to put on my scalp and while those helped, as soon as I stopped using it, the dry patchy scalp would come back. Well, I started noticing after a month or so of taking collagen that my scalp was looking really healthy. It finally clicked that it was the collagen! I absolutely 100% swear by collagen now in my daily coffee. It’s tasteless and dissolves in liquids. I am obsessed and I can’t stop telling the world about it. If you’re wondering when you start to see results (if you’re going to want to take it for hair benefits), I started seeing results in 2-3 weeks after daily consistent use. Of course, it’s different for everyone and I’m not endorsing this as a health miracle, but it’s something that I absolutely swear by now since I’ve used it for so long and have seen all the positive benefits. I have it on subscribe & save on Amazon so I never run out of it! You can read more about collagen here.
- Since I can now use mascara, I have been trying out a bunch of different kinds. From expensive brands at Sephora to drugstore brands. I’m going to do a blog post on my experiment soon!
- For the past couple years, I have been obsessed with skincare. I believe that your skin is worth it when it comes to skincare so I have been trying various products – inexpensive and expensive – to see what works best for me. Recently, I was turned onto the 10-step Korean skincare routine. It sounds intense but it really isn’t. The most important steps are the two-step cleansing and everything else is super easy to layer on. Takes me about 10 minutes to do it all and if you think that is long; well, I personally think it’s worth it. I’ll likely blog about my experience at a later time.
- We are packing up this weekend for our big move next weekend! Do you have any moving tips? We are hiring movers but would love some moving/packing tips, too!
There is an affiliate link within this post. xx