Beyond the Table
I’m loving that it’s farmer’s market season again! For those west coast folks, you guys have it so lucky that you can get year-round farmers market fun! We went this past weekend and it was hot and humid but worth it to see all the local vendors and what produce they have in stock.
You have to add this roasted chicken with olives and tomatoes to your menu. We are making it again tonight because it’s THAT good.
- Instagram Stories was down for HOURS yesterday. I know, #firstworldproblems but it was rough. How was I to do my question of the day?! (If you don’t get the sarcasm here, I’m being sarcastic. I know there are bigger things in the world to worry about right now.)
- I started the 4-week core program with Fitness Blender on Sunday. It’s five days a week and holy crap. Even though the workouts are short, I am SO sweaty and out of breath by the end. My legs, core, and arms are jello. I love that every workout is different and I can do it in my own home. If you can’t tell, I’m trying something new — doing workouts at home in the basement now instead of spending money on studio workouts. The biggest challenge is getting myself downstairs 😂 So far, I am extremely sore and it hurts to laugh or sneeze lol
- I also started doing a 1-second video a day thanks to my friend Kristen. It’s a neat concept. You do it once a day for a year and then the app compiles it into a video and you can see your snippets through the year. I love it!
- I found a wreath! Michael’s was having a 50% off wreath sale and I found one for our front door. Yes!
- We’re watching Winston’s half-brother Thurs-Sun and I feel like this will be a great test for us because we have been debating getting a second corgi for a while. We’ll see if I survive this weekend, lol
- I purchased my second Scanpan last week. I LOVE these pans. Best nonstick pans ever. I have the fry pan and now I have the sauté pan. I love the quality and craftsmanship of these. They’re made in Denmark and the coating is a mix of ceramic and titanium. The heat distribution is AMAZING. Definitely look for the CTQ ones. I really like the stainless steel outer coating vs. the regular matte black. You can also put this straight in the oven! Nothing sticks to these either! I had to get rid of my Green Pan one because everything kept sticking to it after like four months. And I love the handles on Scanpans. So generous and long.
There is an affiliate link in this post.
Posted on May 02, 2017