Friday was a really good mail day. I was sitting next to the window like a dog waiting for its owner to come home except I was waiting for the UPS truck. I had an overnight package coming to me and I just really really wanted it. It had a timestamp of “before 10:30 A.M.” and of course it didn’t come until 10:20. I was still regardless when the doorbell rang. It was my COOKBOOK. The advance copies for press and whatnot have come in from the printer so my publisher sent me one. Seriously over the moon with it. It’s kind of surreal because it’s been two years in the making and I’m finally able to touch and hold it and FLIP THROUGH THE PAGES. Ahh!! It’s so weird to have something of mine PRINTED with my name on it. I can’t wait until you all can get a copy in your kitchens. It’s up for pre-order right now if you’re interested. All details are here :)
I’m really obsessed with making pancakes these days for breakfast. I sometimes make a big batch and freeze them so we can have easy breakfasts on work days but my favorite is making them fresh on weekends. The best of all? This pancake recipe makes exactly TWO servings. So you get four pancakes from this batter (give or take, I guess depending on how thick your batter is, etc. – it will vary but every time I’ve made them – and we’ve made them almost every weekend since June, I’ve had exactly four). Two for you and two for your cutie. Perfect!
We went to Trader Joe’s one weekend and they had this huge crate of organic blueberries for sale so we bought some because we love adding them to our morning granola and these pancakes! Immediately after buying them, I knew I had to make these blueberry peanut butter pancakes for two! They also have this ridiculously amazing peanut butter there with flax and chia seeds that I threw into the batter. You can definitely just use regular peanut butter for this (or any other nut butter) but we loved the combination of the blueberries and peanut butter for this pancake recipe! I love how thick and fluffy they are. And the fact they’re gluten-free?! Winner! Throw a side of crispy bacon with these and you’ve got yourself a delicious weekend breakfast for you and yours!
Blueberry Peanut Butter Pancakes for Two (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup almond meal, also known as almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour, also known as tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk beverage, NOT canned coconut milk (or if you prefer, you can use any milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup blueberries, or more if you prefer it loaded!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients then make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add all the liquids into the center then gently start whisking everything together until the batter forms. The batter will be on the thicker side. If you like a thinner consistency, you can add more liquid but be warned that this will yield more pancakes.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, careful to not burst them.
- Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat and add a little bit of coconut oil or any kind of cooking fat to the skillet.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop out the batter and place it into the center of the skillet. Cook until bubbles start forming on the top of the pancake then flip and cook the other side until browned and pancake is fully cooked through. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve and enjoy!
There are affiliate links in this post.