Cake Batter Cookies simple to make and are such a buttery and delicious treat.
Cake batter reminds me of licking the beaters clean of cookie dough or batter. It’s the aroma of holiday baking, the aroma of spending time in the kitchen with your mom, and it also permeates your house with the sweet smell we all love of a bakery when you first walk in.
These cookies are so easy to make and they instantly bring you back to childhood. I put all my cookies in a large Tupperware container and this morning, I went and opened the lid just to get a whiff of these babies. Instant smile on my face. I don’t know what it is, it just gives me a feeling of nostalgia and happiness! The specks of color in the cookie is a nice pop from the typical plain sugar cookie! These turned out buttery with a soft and a nice chewy bite to them. Definitely would make these again, especially since they take little effort to make! Mine were on the flatter side so if you don’t like yours that way, you can add a little more baking soda and baking powder to puff ’em up!
cake batter cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cream together the sugars and butter.
- Add in the egg, yolk, and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Add in the flour, funfetti, baking soda and powder. Blend until all incorporated in a nice dough.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- After an hour, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop about 1/2 a tbsp. of dough and place on a baking sheet, 2-3 inches apart.
- Repeat until all dough is used up.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container or Tupperware.