This will probably be one of the easiest desserts/snacks you’ll make this holiday season. It takes 3 ingredients and 5 minutes.
My friend Emily found these on Pinterest and she had them at her jewelry party last Friday and I just had to recreate them. They’re too cute! It’s such a simple snack but it has multiple uses. For example, you can use these as stirrers for hot chocolate (peppermint hot chocolate, anyone?) or you can have them out on display as little pops to have as an after dinner treat or this could be part of your desserts section if you’re holding a potluck. If you have a mini fondue set, you could use these too, or a chocolate fountain?!
A fun idea & a way to get your party involved would be to have the marshmallows, lollipop sticks, and peppermint pieces out on a table and have everyone “make their own”. You can have different chocolates (semi-sweet, dark, milk, white) and have everyone make their own dessert. Fun, huh?
- Large marshmallows
- Chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate morsels, you can use whatever chocolate you like)
- Peppermint candy canes
- In a small pot, fill halfway with water and bring to gentle boil. Put a glass bowl on top and melt your chocolate chips, make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- In a plastic bag, put your candy canes in and take a rolling pin or the back of a wooden spoon and crush the candy canes into pieces.
- Poke the lollipop sticks through the middle of each marshmallow.
- Take the marshmallow and dip it in the melted chocolate then sprinkle the candy cane pieces on top of the chocolate. Set aside to cool completely.