I can’t stop listening to the new Adele song. She has this way of evoking any kind of emotion out of you. I feel like even if you’re a hard ass, listening to her songs will make you feel something. I’ll admit, I haven’t always been a fan of her’s but ever since I heard Skyfall and started listening to other songs of hers and now this new one, I’m so glad she’s back! Definitely took her time to write and compose, but it’s so worth it. I wish more artists were like her instead of churning things out and rushing it just for the money. The quality is so much better if you just take your time; as is true with many things in life!
We are quite obsessed with this cinnamon pear fall cider cocktail. The inspiration for this recipe came from a recent restaurant outing the night before we got Winston. They had a seasonal cocktail that sounded absolutely amazing and the glass they gave us wasn’t nearly enough so we decided to recreate it at home.
I’m typically not a gin fan but now I like it. Maybe it’s cause I’m getting older and my tastebuds have matured or the fact I was just a cheap college student and bought bottom shelf gin in the past so it scarred my gin tasting experiences…either way, I’m a total fan of gin especially in this cocktail. I honestly believe that this is the perfect Fall cocktail and one that you should have at all your parties and get togethers. Um, this Saturday for Halloween?! It has all the spices and flavors and a couple glasses of it will warm you right up after going out with your kids or just staying sane from all the doorbells and knocks on your door, haha ;)
Btw, making this cinnamon pear simple syrup is essential! I promise, it’s easy and you’ll have a bunch for all the cinnamon pear fall cider cocktails that your liver can handle! The recipe for the cocktail and simple syrup is below.
Your new favorite Fall cocktail! This cocktail has all the aromas of Fall and the cinnamon pear simple syrup gives just the right amount of sweetness!
- 1 cup large bartlett pear, diced (about 1 )
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 ounces of gin
- 1 ounce cinnamon pear simple syrup
- Handful of ice cubes
- 6 ounces of your favorite hard cider (we love angry orchard, stella artois, or crispin)
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish; this is completely optional
- 1 small honey crisp apple, diced (for garnish and eating)
- In a small pot, add diced pear, sugar, water, and cinnamon sticks. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. Steep mixture for 30 minutes then strain with a mesh strainer over a bowl, reserving the liquid.
- In a cocktail shaker, add gin, simple syrup, and ice. Shake vigorously then pour into a glass. Top with hard cider and mix together with a cinnamon stick and top with diced apples.