I love coconut water like I love coffee. When I was young, my parents would often buy coconut water at our local grocery store and I never understood why they drank it so often besides that it tastes good. Well, I went to Scottsdale, AZ last year and I swear everyone told me to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate because of how hot it is in Arizona. They say since it’s dry heat there, you don’t feel like you’re sweating a lot so therefore you end up getting dehydrated because you don’t think you are. Does that make any sense?
Anyway, so after I did a 3-hour hike, I went to the pharmacy and bought a ton of coconut water because I heard that coconut water is amazing for your body and hydration. Later that day, I did end up dehydrated (killer headache that would not go away) and I drank two bottles of coconut water and not only did it feel so refreshing to get some coconut water (and lots of hydration) in me, it also tasted like paradise!
Now that I’ve learned my lesson about hydrating, I make it a point to always have coconut water in my beach bag. I really do always have this size coconut water in my beach or pool bags because nothing is worst coming in from the pool or beach to a headache that cripples you for the rest of your evening’s plans!
I drink coconut water regularly, I also love to put them in my recipes. The thing that struck a chord with me about coconut water is that it’s 100% natural coconut water with no-added sugar. You know how I feel about added sugar (re: paleo challenge) and I’m pretty much an advocate for 100% natural with no other add-ins.
This coconut lime granita is the ultimate summer cool-down recipe. Whether your coming in from working out in the yard or laying out by the pool, you’re going to love having a bowl of this. It’s refreshing with the coconut water but the lime in it gives it that zing and perks you right up! I absolutely love this sweet-tangy concoction!
This coconut lime granita is so super easy to make. It’s 3 ingredients and you can have this all summer long! There is barely any effort to making this granita.
Coconut Lime Granita
- 1 L of ZICO natural coconut water
- 2 limes,, zested
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup, see notes below
- Pour the coconut water into a large measuring cup.
- Zest the limes and add the zest to the measuring cup. Cut 1 lime in half and squeeze the juice into the measuring cup. Finally, add the simple syrup to the measuring cup and with a small whisk, whisk everything together.
- Pour the mixture into a glass 8x8-inch pan. Carefully place it uncovered into the freezer for at least 6-7 hours. Remove the pan every 2 hours and scrape with a fork. It's okay if some of it is still liquid..just scrape and place back in the fridge and repeat. You'll eventually end up with a consistency like the above photos!
- Scoop out into bowls and serve immediately. Cover the remainder with foil and place back in the freezer for future eating.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.