Last updated: 3/17/2019
Photographs by Anna Grace Photography
This is definitely going to be a post where I update all the time. So you may want to bookmark it cause I’ll keep rotating what I’m using in and out.
I’ll put a last updated date on this (at the top) so you know when this was updated to know whether it’s current or not. You can also look at my Shop, as I update that often, as well.
I change up my skincare routine a lot because I am obsessed with trying new products.
I am not loyal to the same brand in the sense I don’t buy a brand’s entire line (because I don’t think that’s very effective), but I am super loyal to certain products that are my holy grails.
This is what I’m currently using in my skincare routine.
I haven’t found an eye cream I totally love so I didn’t include one in this. If you have an eye cream that you love, please drop a hint in the comments below!
I also don’t tend to do winter vs. summer skin routines as my face is already pretty dry as it is and I don’t think my products are overly heavy (minus the Skin Food at night) that it would be an issue.
Links to the products below are affiliate links.
Skincare routine – morning and night
I’m on my second bottle of Indie Lee’s CoQ10 toner. I love the scent; it’s a comforting scent.
It’s light and I like using it in the mornings sprayed directly on my face or onto facial cotton (these are my favorite; you will never go back to any other kind once you use these. I cut them in half to get more use out of them!).
It’s refreshing and a great prep-step for your face.
I recently discovered this Belif toner and it has quickly climbed up to the top of my favorites.
It sounds like it’d be harsh but it’s the most gentle and moisturizing toner.
I love using it at night after I’ve showered and washed my face. It really puts moisture back in on my face.
It’s a milky liquid consistency so it’s slightly different than other toners I’ve used.
You put a quarter-sized amount into the palm of your hand and use your finger tips to pat it around your face. It is odor-less.
This SK-II essence is definitely a staple in my skincare routine and actually I mentioned it in the past.
I’m on my second bottle. One bottle (their largest size) lasts me about a year-ish. I get it at Costco and it’s an amazing price vs. what it usually is at Sephora.
I like this essence because it’s hydrating and keeps your skin all glowy and pretty.
This Kat Burki vitamin C intensive face cream (I use this in the morning).
I initially didn’t love it. It was one of those things that I was like, “ugh this is so expensive, I bought it b/c my friend recommended it, but is it actually effective?”
This is one of those products where you can’t expect things to happen overnight and see results immediately.
I believe ALL skincare is like that, though. You can’t just use it for two weeks and expect immediate results.
So I just kept using it and using it (because I am NOT one to toss away products if I don’t finish them) and to be honest, it has grown on me and I realllly like it. I do feel my skin is slightly brighter and healthier because of it.
It smells amazing. It’s a light, fresh, scent, but I also love how clean it is in terms of ingredients.
Kat Burki is one of those brands that you don’t hear of often, if ever, but I think they’re going to make it to the top of beauty editors’ lists soon.
This goddess serum by Edible Beauty was one of those products that I really didn’t care for initially.
I got it because it’s a big hydration booster because of the hyaluronic acid and I liked how it made my face feel overall but I wasn’t truly SEEING results. It made me wonder if it was actually doing anything.
I did notice, though, on days that I do not use it, my face is slightly drier and I actually ended up really loving this serum as an additional hydration boost before my moisturizer. I use it only in the morning.
Okay, so on Instagram a couple months ago, I shared that I got a tiny sample of La Mer soft cream from an order I placed from Nordstrom.
I absolutely loved how it felt but I did not love the price of the full size jar. Are you kidding me for charging that much for a jar? Like $500 for 2 ounces?! This better make me look 20 forever.
I did hear that 90% of La Mer’s ingredients become inactive the second you open the jar so it’s like spending $500 on water lol
Anyway, I asked on Instagram whether there was a dupe for La Mer and many of you suggested Weleda Skin Food.
It’s a German product, cheap ($19), and apparently is amazing and raved by many celebrities. It is actually supposedly a hand cream but totally usable on your face, as many use it that way.
I’ve never heard of it but hey, at $19, it was worth a shot.
YOU GUYS. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT AND WANT ALL OF YOU TO BUY IT.
I only use it at night because it’s pretty greasy but I have dry skin so I love greasing up my face before bed, haha
I bet this is AMAZING to use on flights too. I actually bought Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask when we went to Ireland and omg, it was terrible. More on that below.
This will last me a very long time because you only need a giant pea-sized amount.
I mix it together with my facial oil (below) because it makes it easier to spread.
It has a toothpaste-like consistency so mixing it with facial oil helps it thin out and it also gets your facial oil in your routine to seal it all up.
Yes, I will admit, your face is pretty greasy afterwards but honestly, my skin soaks it in in about 5 minutes and I can go to bed fine.
The pillowcase isn’t stained at all.
I wake up with dewy and hydrated skin.
Not everyone is a fan of the scent. Lots of people have said they just grin and bear it but I don’t know why?! To me it smells like frankincense and lavender! I love the smell haha
As mentioned above, I mix the Herbivore Phoenix facial oil with my Weleda Skin Food at night.
I don’t use facial oil during the day because for me, I don’t like the greasy feeling even though I’m sure it would soak in relatively quickly.
This bottle (what you see above) has lasted me over a year! So don’t let the price tag scare you.
I use three to four drops a night and I recently just bought my second bottle.
Most notably the most important part of your skincare routine!
I put this on every morning after my moisturizer. We didn’t take a photo of it but this is the one I use. It’s 50 SPF!
What has NOT worked for me
I figured if I’m telling you everything that has worked for me, I should also tell you what hasn’t worked for me.
- Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum: I honestly don’t see much of a difference after using an entire bottle of this. I actually don’t know what its intent even was. They say it’s a plant-derived retinol alternative but I honestly haven’t seen it make a difference. It smells pretty bad, too lol
- Edible Beauty No. 2 Citrus Rhapsody Toner Mist: This was the first beauty product I couldn’t use the entire bottle of. This smelled DISGUSTING. Like fake citrus. Every time I went to use it, I would gag.
- Drunk Elephant products: sorry, ya’ll. I truly do not understand the hype for Drunk Elephant. I will give it to them that their packaging is super attractive and they have legit marketing but that’s about it. Their products suck. However, I know everyone has different skin types and it may work for others but it truly did not work for me. It gave me tiny bumps all over my face, especially forehead..when no other product has ever done that to me. I don’t have sensitive skin. Their customer service sucks too. They just keep blaming it on other products and that you should always use all their products to avoid issues. To me, that’s a marketing scam. They just want you to use all their products, duh! And they constantly just blame it on the “suspicious six.” Hard no for me on DE products. I returned all their products. Thankful that Sephora has such a great return policy!
- Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser: Not a fan of this either. I’m sticking through it and using the entire bottle but it’s just a standard face cleanser. It is very gentle but I have to hold my breath when I wash my face with this one. I feel like I’m rubbing spinach and kale extract on my face. I guess I should’ve recognized that ‘superfood’ and ‘daily green juice’ in the product description truly meant that, lol
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask: Again, I am not sure the hype with this product. It is not super hydrating, at all and Weleda Skin Food beats out Jet Lag Mask if you’re looking for a hydrated face all flight. Jet Lag mask pills up and makes it hard to spread around your face. I just wasn’t impressed!
What I’m currently trying out:
Like I mentioned above, I like testing out various skin care products when I’m done with a bottle or jar so since I used up the Goddess Serum (Edible Beauty) and returned my A-Passioni from Drunk Elephant and didn’t love the Biossance Phyto-Retinol serum, I picked up these two items to try for the next month or so: