Green Curry Coconut Chicken Soup a hearty, delicious, and tasty meal.
Please just smash your face into that soup. Ok, that probably isn’t the best idea but it’s so delicious and creamy that you might be tempted to do it!
I unintentionally have everything GREEN going up this week. Like, I really didn’t plan it to be this way. I initially only had 1 green thing that’s going up on Friday but then every dish I have this week is green too (which I just realized after looking at my editorial calendar). I’m just so awesome like that. Did you know green is my least favorite color, too?
Anyway, back to this GREEN curry coconut soup. Let me tell you, I never had coconut milk before this dish. Um, it was an experience because I could NOT stop smelling it and trying to drink the entire can. It smells so LUSCIOUS. Yes, I went there. I called coconut milk, luscious. It makes this soup out of this world. The green curry is spicy as hell but then the coconut milk just smooths out that spice and calms your tastebuds down. The addition of chicken, red peppers, and corn just gives the dish more love and ingredients to nosh on. I honestly would be fine drinking this without the veggies and just have the chicken in there for protein, or going the vegetarian route and having this with tofu and veggies. It’s really versatile so do whatever you see fits!
Green Curry Coconut Chicken Soup
- 2-3 tablespoon green curry paste, (depends on how spicy you like it start with 2, then go up)
- 1: 14.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1: 14.5 ounce can of baby corn, whole or diced
- 1 pound chicken breasts or 4-5 chicken tenderloins
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lime
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, start with your green curry paste and start heating it up, pressing it against the bottom of the pan to get the flavors to start working.
- After a couple minutes of that, pour in the coconut milk and let the flavors steep together for 4-5 minutes.
- Throw in the chicken, corn, and red pepper.
- Let the entire mixture simmer for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Serve hot and squeeze fresh lime juice on top before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.