If there’s one thing about summer that I absolutely adore, it’s the opportunities to use the grill. I know many people still use the grill in the cooler months but we rarely ever do. To me, the grill represents summertime and warm weather.
I mainly love grilling because of how quickly a meal can come together. High cooking temp = the faster I can shovel food in my mouth because we all know how ravenous I am after work. I also love the char marks on the food and the taste. We have a gas grill right now but nothing beats charcoal. I grew up with a charcoal grill and I do miss it! When we move to our new house, we’re debating whether or not to get a new gas grill or a charcoal grill. What is your preference?
These grilled teriyaki and mango peach salsa chicken kebobs sound like the weirdest mishmash of ingredients but I promise you it’s awesome! Think salty and sweet and the sugar that caramelizes makes it so good!
I marinated the chicken in teriyaki sauce for about 4 hours and then I skewered them on wooden skewers and threw them on the grill. As they were grilling, we would brush them with teriyaki sauce occasionally. Then, when they were off the grill, we immediately brushed them generously with peach salsa. Seriously, this has become one of our favorite summertime grilling recipes!
Go get your grill on!
Grilled Teriyaki and Mango Peach Salsa Chicken Kebobs
- 3/4 cup your favorite store-bought or homemade teriyaki sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- Your favorite mango peach salsa (we used one from Sabra)
- Place cubed chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour teriyaki sauce over the top of the chicken and massage into the chicken. Marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once chicken is done marinating, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Then skewer the chicken pieces on to the skewer. We had about 6 skewers with maybe 6-7 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
- Turn your outdoor grill on high (or you can use an indoor grill or your stovetop) and grill chicken until thoroughly cooked through, occasionally brushing with teriyaki sauce.
- Immediately after cooking, generously brush or put dollops of mango peach salsa on top of chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!