This is a sponsored post in partnership with Farmer Focus. All opinions are my own.
Grilled chicken drumsticks
These grilled honey jalapeño lime chicken drumsticks are my latest installment of grilled chicken drumsticks!
I made these peri peri chicken drumsticks last year in partnership with Farmer Focus and I’m back again with a honey jalapeño lime version!
Grilled chicken drumsticks have become a quick dinner staple in our house with the warm weather.
With a packed schedule, it is very important to me that dinners can be quick and easy, but it has to be flavorful as well and that is definitely what you get with this recipe!
Partnering with Farmer Focus
In this Farmer Focus installment of chicken recipes, I chose to use their chicken drumsticks.
My favorite cuts to use are chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks but no matter which cut you choose, all the chicken Farmer Focus produces is USDA Organic, Non-GMO, and Certified Humane.
They work closely with local farmers and as the consumer, you’re able to locate the exact farm that the chicken came from.
On every single package of Farmer Focus chicken, there is a Farm ID and you can go to their website, type it in, and it pulls up the pictures and information about the exact farm and farmer that raised your chicken!
The package I used had Farm ID: TURN, if you want to give it a try!
As you can see above, the Farmer Focus packaging allows me to marinate the chicken drumsticks right in the tray and it makes clean up so much easier.
This makes having grilled chicken drumsticks easier than ever to have for dinner any night of the week.
Additionally, it creates less mess, and who doesn’t love that?!
Ingredients to make these grilled chicken drumsticks:
- Farmer Focus chicken drumsticks
How to make honey lime jalapeño grilled chicken drumsticks
You start off by marinating the chicken drumsticks in its tray packaging (see photos above).
I marinated the chicken for four hours but if you’re in a hurry, you can do a quick marinade, as well.
Once it’s done marinating, the only thing left for you to do is fire up the grill and cook these drumsticks!
How spicy are these grilled chicken drumsticks?
It definitely varies on how you can handle spice but I put in half a large jalapeño with the seeds and these weren’t mouth-numbing but they were definitely spicy!
Can I make this on the stovetop?
Yes! In the recipe video, you’ll see that we made it on the stovetop even though this was a grill recipe.
What about the oven?
Yep! 375 degrees for about 25 minutes. Chicken drumsticks take a bit longer because of the bone.
Tips for perfectly grilled chicken drumsticks
- You want the outdoor grill HOT in order to get a nice exterior char.
- Once you get that initial char on the exterior sides, turn the heat to a medium-low and continue cooking the chicken, turning it occasionally.
- If you see that the exterior is turning too dark, move the chicken to the cooler side of the grill.
- Don’t open the grill cover too much during the cooking process as you’re letting out all the heat!
Other grilling recipes that you may like:
Honey Jalapeño Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or another high-temperature safe oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 large jalapeno, halved and finely chopped, seeds included
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Open Farmer Focus chicken tray (don't pull off the plastic covering completely) and hold the drumsticks in as you pour out the extra liquid in the tray.
- Pour the marinade into the tray and flip the drumsticks so that the tops of the drumsticks are face down in the liquid.
- Let marinate in fridge at least 4 hours.
- Once done marinating, remove chicken from marinade and drain off excess liquid. You can choose to use the extra liquid to baste the chicken as it's cooking or discard.
- Cook on outdoor grill or indoor stove/grill pan until cooked through.