Posted by Juliehttps://www.tablefortwoblog.com/molasses-ginger-cookies/
© 2012 Table for Two®. All rights reserved.
A great holiday cookie that is chewy in the center but crispy on the edges!
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add in the the egg and molasses. Beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Drop onto prepared baking sheets with a cookie scoop. To make extra large sizes, I did two scoops of cookie dough, rolled in a ball, and gently pressed the tops down.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. I took mine out a minute before they were done as I like mine softer and chewier.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before removing baking sheets. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.