One-Pot Spring Green Pasta
I’m so stinkin’ excited for Spring. The weather has finally warmed up enough to stay above 60 and sometimes reaching beyond 70 degrees. I love the abundant sunshine and LIFE springing up all over the place. The cherry blossoms have been out for a bit but probably won’t be around much longer. I was happy that I could catch them again this year with friends visiting. All the plants around our house are budding and I can’t wait to get to the grocery store to take stock of all the fresh produce that’s in season now.
Anyway, so I seriously loathe boiling water. I love pasta but boiling water always seems to take foreverrrrr. I can never time it correctly either. I’m always done with everything but the pasta way before the water is even boiled. With the pronto pasta, you don’t have to boil water so one-pot meals are golden! Just throw everything in the pot and the pasta is done in like 13 minutes or so. Love!
This one-pot spring green pasta is the perfect dish to use your fresh spring green produce for!
- 1 large leek, rinsed and sliced (see note below)
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into short 1-inch segments
- 1 box of Barilla® Pronto™ Pasta, I used the penne
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- In a large pot or heavy-bottom pot (like a dutch oven), sauté leeks and asparagus until leeks are softened.
- Add pasta to the pot, stir around then add vegetable broth.
- Bring liquid to a boil, cover, and cook for 13-15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through.
- Add the peas then stir in the sundried tomatoes.
- Let pasta sit for 10 minutes to let the remaining liquid, if any, absorb.
- Serve warm.
To clean leeks, slice the leeks then add them to a large bowl of water and let soak for 5 minutes, agitating them around in the water every now and then. Any dirt will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
This blog post is sponsored by Safeway Inc. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands I love so I can continue to bring you unique and delicious recipes!
Posted on April 15, 2015