We had a ton of oven dried tomatoes from when I made them last week and yesterday had been a long day so I wasn’t trying to make a fancy schmancy dinner. Even if it wasn’t fancy schmancy, I knew I could make something delicious and easy with the leftover oven dried tomatoes. I thought: food processor, tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic. Over pasta. Done. That was easy and that was how my oven dried tomato and garlic pesto pasta became dinner. Extremely flavorful, to the point that you can fend off vampires, and also tangy with a bite to it from the tomatoes. This took 10 minutes to make so you should put this on your menu if you have a busy week coming up!
oven dried tomato & garlic pesto pasta
- 1 1/4 cups oven dried tomatoes, or whatever you have left/want to use
- 2 medium garlic cloves or 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of penne pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a pot, boil water for your pasta and season with salt and olive oil. Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- In a food processor, put in your tomatoes and garlic clove(s).
- Sprinkle the salt and parmesan cheese on top and a little drizzle of olive oil.
- As the mixture is blending, pour in the olive oil from the top opening.
- Stop pouring in the olive oil when the mixture looks moist and well-blended. This is all an eyeballing recipe. I can't give exact measurements because I literally looked to see if it was all well incorporated and blended.
- Give the mixture a taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain well, reserving a 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Pour the pesto mixture over the pasta and mix well. You can add more olive oil if needed.
- Serve hot with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.