Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Cookie Dough Brownies the best of three of my favorite desserts all rolled into one.
Let’s talk about shoving three desserts into one pan, because really, who wouldn’t want to have a trio of desserts in one? You probably won’t look guilty either because no one will know it’s three desserts, it’s just “oh, she’s eating a brownie.” But no, you’re eating a peanut butter cheesecake, a chocolate chip cookie, AND a brownie.
Does your brain hurt yet? Well, it shouldn’t because this is the easiest thing to make and it’s like having the best of three worlds. You literally get to have your cake and eat it too, and you don’t have to make three separate desserts and smash it all together.
I think just looking at this is making me gain weight. I’m off to Florida next week and after stuffing my face with these brownies, I don’t think anyone will appreciate the fact that I’m in a bikini. Maybe I should go buy coverups and stay under an umbrella the entire time.
On a random note about the making of these brownies..I made these before the in-laws came and photographed them the next day since you have to wait until they’re completely chilled to get nice clean square cuts. They were able to watch my photography process and it’s kind of cool showing someone how your pictures are produced. Our apartment isn’t much but you’d be surprised at what you can do with just a bit of practice and patience through the test of time. It was fun to show them props and how I set up my “photography” table, all to just shoot food. It was fun, they got a kick out of it :)
Back to these brownies…I’m all about indulging in treats and what you love to eat so go ahead and eat some salad for your veggies (and to make yourself feel better) and dig into this mother-load of a dessert. I think you’ll need some kind of heavy-duty fork to get these babies out of the pan. They’re so decadent and rich. While you’re preparing for the momentous feast of salad and three desserts, grab a glass of milk — you’ll need it.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Cookie Dough Brownies
For the cookie dough
- ½ package of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough, crumbled
For the pb cheesecake
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the brownies
- 1 box of brownie mix, I used a dark chocolate brownie mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Create a foil sling for the brownies by lining the pan with foil and having a 1 inch overhang on all sides then grease well.
- In a large bowl, mix together ingredients per instruction on brownie mix.
- Mix together the ingredients for the cream cheese filling, except the peanut butter. Set aside.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and set aside.
- Pour 3/4 of the brownie mix into the prepared pan and then pour the cheesecake mixture on top.
- Crumble cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture and take the melted peanut butter and drop it by spoonful dollops on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the remaining brownie mix on top of everything. With a fork, drag it throughout the pan to swirl ingredients around.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven, mine actually took an hour to bake. If it's still jiggly when you shake the pan, bake longer. Stick a toothpick in the center and if it comes out mostly dry, then you're good to go. It won't be fully dry though because of the cheesecake mixture.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.