I love drinks that are fun and sweet but pack a punch, and that’s exactly how I’d describe these Sparkling Raspberry Poptails! Made with only 5 simple ingredients, these adorable (and boozy) poptails are to be the highlight of all of your summer festivities.
Guys. There’s a mango popsicle smack in the middle of a cocktail. Have I gone too far?!
Will anything ever be this fun again?!
Okay, maybe I’m being a little dramatic, but I just cannot get over how much I love these summer drinks! Just the name alone, sparkling raspberry poptail, is enough to make me smile.
These sweet, fruity drinks were made for hot summer days and nights when you want to let loose in the most delicious way. Just be warned – these cutesy, dare I say girlie drinks are small but mighty. With both rum and champagne in the mix, they can sneak up on you if you’re not careful!
Next time you’re entertaining a pool party or backyard barbecue with the neighbors, impress everyone by serving these poptails.
And yes, even the men will love them – don’t let them try to shy away from enjoying one of these fruity drinks! They’re too good to resist, even for those who think they’re too cool to enjoy something called a “sparkling poptail.”
This recipe only calls for 5 ingredients, so you really have no reason not to make it!
- Raspberry juice – Make sure it’s nice and cold! Keep it in the refrigerator until right before you’re ready to use it.
- Lemonade – If you make your own homemade lemonade, more power to you! I use store-bought and it’s still tasty, though.
- Rum – White or brown rum will both work with these poptails. Just use whatever your favorite is!
- Rosé champagne – This sparkling pink champagne is the real base of this recipe, so pick a good one! While you don’t necessarily need to go top shelf, try to stay away from the bottom. My rule of thumb? Always aim for the middle shelf!
- Mango popsicles – Pretty much any brand you find at the store will be good.
Variations to Try
- Feeling fancy? Muddle some fresh raspberries or even mint at the bottom of each glass before pouring.
- If you can’t find any mango popsicles, pick another fruity flavor! Strawberry, blackberry, and cherry popsicles will all be tasty.
- Listen, lemonade is great, but pink lemonade is even better. Duh!
Do I have to use rum?
Rum is my favorite liquor to use in this recipe! However, vodka, tequila and even gin are all good substitutions too. It all just depends on what your preferences are.
Can I make this a mocktail?
Yep! Just omit the alcohol and use sparkling water or seltzer to get that bubbly!
Stay refreshed this summer with these other fruity cocktails!
Sparkling Raspberry Poptail
- 4 cups raspberry juice, chilled
- 2 cups lemonade, chilled
- 1 cup rum
- 1 bottle rosé champagne
- 8 mango popsicles
- In a pitcher combine the raspberry juice with the lemonade and rum.
- Pour into glasses and add the popsicle, dipped in the cocktail.
- Finish with a splash of rose champagne and serve immediately.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.