Spinach & Mushroom Mascarpone Pasta with Chicken a sinfully delicious chicken dinner.
How many of you are still going with your resolutions or goals? I made kitchen goals and I’m still slowly working through them. I have a whole year ;) but as far as resolutions..meh. It’s hard to give up anything food related when you love food so much, ya know? I guess I could’ve made a resolution to exercise more but honestly, I hate running. I can’t run for more than 20 minutes without sounding like a dying whale. Yeah, totally unattractive.
Anyway, I was going through my fridge, trying to figure out what to make for dinner and I came up with what you see above. I’d like to think it’s pretty healthy. Ya know, with the chicken, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. Oh, did I mention the entire 8 oz. tub of mascarpone cheese? Yeahhhhhhhh….I tried to make this healthy. I just can’t resist a creamy pasta sauce. They’re my favorite type of sauces and I just had to make this sinful :) I love the consistency of the mascarpone cheese in this with the veggies. It’s a well-rounded meal that’s easy enough to make for a busy weeknight.
OH-TAY, I’m off to nurse my neck. I woke up this morning and couldn’t move it to the right. And now as I’m typing this, I have my head tilted to the left because apparently holding my head up straight irritates the nerve too. Gah, this is the worst feeling. Don’t you hate when that happens?! It’s like, “what am I doing in my sleep? How am I contorting my neck in such a way that it’s unmovable in the morning?!” Maybe stuffing my face with this pasta will take my mind off the pain..
spinach & mushroom mascarpone pasta with chicken
- 3 cups dried pasta,, any shape
- 4 chicken tenderloins,, cut into strips
- 1 large onion,, sliced
- 8 ounce button mushrooms
- 1 bag of fresh, pre-washed spinach
- 8 ounce mascarpone cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to boil, season water with salt, and add in your pasta.
- In a skillet, saute the chicken with some vegetable oil on medium high heat until sides are browned and chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions and mushrooms until tender. Add the chicken back into the skillet and add in the spinach as well. When it has wilted down, add the mascarpone cheese, stir until melted and well combined.
- Your pasta should be done at this point, or close to being done. Drain the pasta well and add it to the skillet. Stir to coat the pasta in the cream sauce.
- Serve immediately.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.