How was everyone’s Mother’s Day? My brother flew in from LA to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day and my parent’s reaction was the best I’ve ever seen. It looked like they saw a ghost! I’m glad I caught it on video. I keep replaying it!
It has been raining in the DC-area for 11 days straight and we finally got a sunny day yesterday but now this week, we are back to the rain. It is so depressing and annoying. I don’t know how Seattle folks do it! There must be a secret. Is it abundant vacations to California and the beach? If so, sign me up!
We are hooked on these sriracha BBQ chicken, leek, and brussels sprouts pizza. We had leftover tortillas and I was on a huge leek and brussels sprouts kick so I knew I had to throw them on this pizza. I had just gone to Trader Joe’s earlier in the week and they were having this ‘spotlight’ on their sriracha BBQ and roasted garlic sauce and I immediately grabbed it and put it in the cart.
Oh the possibilities with that sauce! I know not everyone has a Trader Joe’s near them so this sauce might not be possible for you but it’s definitely not a deal-breaker for this pizza. You can easily add sriracha and minced garlic into regular bbq sauce and spice it up that way! It might not taste the exact same but it’s definitely similar!
Give it a try below and let me know what you think!
Sriracha BBQ Chicken, Leek, and Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- 1 cup finely chopped brussels sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 1 cup cubed chicken
- 2/3 cup sriracha bbq sauce, divided, see notes
- 1 1/2 cup freshly shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 6 medium soft flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat olive oil over a medium skillet over medium-high heat and sauté brussels sprouts and leeks until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown chicken cubes and add 2 tablespoons of the sriracha bbq sauce to the skillet to coat the chicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange tortillas.
- Evenly divide the remaining sriracha bbq sauce amongst the tortillas and spread a thin layer onto each tortilla (like the tomato sauce for pizza).
- Evenly divide the brussels and leek mixture on top of the sauce then evenly divide the cubed chicken.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and ingredients have warmed through.
- Drizzle additional sriracha bbq sauce on top, if desired.