Hi! No, you’re not at the wrong Table for Two! It’s still me! :) I have been keeping this secret in for far too long. It has killed me inside because I’ve been oh-so-excited about this that it’s been REALLY hard to not be able to reveal to you everything that’s been going on behind the scenes of Table for Two!
As you can probably see, Table for Two got an incredible redesign. New logo, new color scheme, new look and feel, new everything! I invite you to poke around and see what my amazing designer and developer have done.
When you’re first starting out with a blog, you don’t really realize what you really want or what you need. Over the past two years since my last redesign, my blog has had an enormous amount of success and it was also able to show me what I’ve been lacking on this blog. I started to draw up a wishlist and what I hoped I’d have on the blog with a fresh new redesign. I hope that with this redesign it’s going to make it easier for you to search for recipes, I hope it’s going to be more visually appealing, and I hope it keeps you poking around here longer!
There are some important things I’d like to highlight about this redesign that I think you’ll be interested in:
- Table for Two is now mobile AND tablet friendly. Yes, you read that correctly. Go check out my blog on your phone or on your tablet. Two slightly different designs to fit the screens. I hope it makes it a lot easier to browse my site now! An average of 62% of my viewership is mobile-based, so I figured it’s time to make browsing my blog easier. No more pinching and zooming in!
- To subscribe to my newsletter and to follow me on social media, it’s now in the little tabbed box where my photo is in the right sidebar.
- At the bottom of every post before the comments section, there will be a “related posts” slider where you can scroll through and see what related recipes there are to the current recipe you’re looking at.
- In the footer, there is a “popular posts” slider where you can scroll through and see the most popular recipes on the blog, and if you haven’t tried them; they’re popular for a reason! :)
- When you start scrolling down on my site, a cute little “TOP” button shows up! So if you’re like at the bottom of the page, just click that little button and it’ll take you back up to the top!! Nifty, huh?
- The homepage is cleaner, it’s got a magazine layout to it. The first post will always be the most recent post. You’ll still have to click “read more” to read it in its entirety. All other posts below the most recent post will be excerpts and all you have to do is click “read more” to get to the recipe.
- How cute are the little hover icons over every navigation tab up top?
- Check out my FAQ page – how fun are the expandable questions & answers?!
- The archive and search pages are so much cleaner now. I love the photo grid design and when you hover over an image, it tells you what the recipe or post title is.
- The new recipe look and feel is so much cleaner. I went back and converted every freaking recipe (almost 500!) to EasyRecipe. Took a while but well worth it for future design changes!
- I added the hover image pin back! If you hover over an image within a blog post, a “pin it” button comes up for easy pinning! :)
I just seriously can’t get over how beautiful this new design is. I’ve been waiting for this to get implemented for SO long. My amazing designer took all my jumbled up thoughts in my head and my mood boards on Pinterest and designed this magnificent design back in December. I had such a wonderful experience working with her the first time I got a redesign that I knew I had to work with her again. The design finished up at the end of January and it was supposed to launch in February but I had to fire the original developer who was working on it. Can we say “over-promise, under deliver?” Horrendous experience. It was SO stressful that I actually ended up getting ill from the stress. Ugh. Never again. My new developer, Kristin Falkner, was amazing and a breath of fresh air. I got DAILY updates on progress and I was welcome at any time to go to the test site to take a look at everything and how it was coming along. I cannot recommend her more. She is SO patient and her attention to detail is incredible. I now know my team for my next redesign: Tiffany Kelley and Kristin Falkner. Hands down, best ever!
What do you think?! I hope you’ll find it way more intuitive and easier to navigate and find what you’re looking for!!