I’ve been wanting to do a post like this for a long time! I feel like I’m not the only one that suffers with extremely dry skin throughout the winter months. It seems like every winter of my entire life, I’ve constantly been searching and searching for products that will drench my skin and give it that moisture it so craves. Thankfully, I have found amazing products through trial and error (and also recommendations!) so I put together a quick winter beauty faves post to hopefully help some of you who suffer through the same! If you have any other recommendations, I’m all about trying new products so let me know in the comments below if you have some current or must-have faves!
- fresh sugar advanced therapy lip treatment. I first read about this on one of Jess‘ beauty faves post and when I saw the price I was like, no thank you. But then last winter, my lips were always chapped and just needed something so while I was in Sephora, I decided to shell out the dough for it. I read a bunch of reviews, too, and it just seemed like it was perfect. And ever since then, I’ve been using this lip treatment year-round. I love how moisturized my lips always are and it smells so good! I can’t go a day without this and when I forget mine at home or run out, I’m so distressed!
- josie maran pure 100% argan oil. I have read so many things about argan oil and its benefits but never tried it myself. For a couple winters, I have been using coconut oil as my body oil but it’s so super greasy! I was watching QVC one night and they were selling a 6-ounce bottle of her argan oil for an incredible price (it’s a size you can’t get anywhere else and they only have it once a year) so I snagged it up. I LOVE THIS STUFF. It’s amazing dry skin and my legs (that usually look like alligator skin) have never looked better. I put it on after I shower. It’s safe to put all over your body. It’s light enough that it doesn’t clog pores and it’s not as greasy as coconut oil so it’s perfect for me because I shower at night. I won’t be ruining any of my sheets! I also read of the anti-aging benefits of argan oil so I actually do use this on my face, too. It did not break me out (like coconut oil does) and I love my dewy looking skin in the morning.
- kiehl’s creme de corps. I’ve sung praises for this lotion before. It’s really the only lotion that helps with my dry skin in the winter, too. I use this during the day because I can’t be all greasy from the argan oil. My skin just soaks everything in and retains it! My parents now swear by this lotion and buy it in liters! Haha
- fresh lotus youth preserve face cream. This is my daily moisturizer. I absolutely love it. It’s extremely light and not greasy. It goes on the face smoothly and there is barely any ‘blending’ in. I love the scent. It is a light cucumber scent. It honestly smells like the spa. The one thing I don’t like about this is that it doesn’t have SPF, BUT since it is so light, I’m able to layer on josie maran’s argan daily moisturizer w/spf 47 on top of this fresh lotus lotion.
- kiehl’s ultimate hand salve. I’ve sung praises for this baby before too. It is my go-to hand lotion. Ever since I’ve used this, I do not get cracked hands anymore and it is a savior in the winter time. My hands feel so drenched with moisture every time I put this on. It like puts a barrier around your hands too so even if you wash your hands later, it doesn’t completely come off. GET IT!
- caudalie moisturizing toner. I have never used a toner before but I started to read why you should so I picked this one up from reading one of Jess’ posts. I love the smell of this and it’s really refreshing to put on after I wash my face. I usually put this on a cotton pad then run it around my face, let it dry, then put on argan oil before going to bed.
- face reality skincare mandelic face and body scrub. My esthetician actually recommended this to me. It used to not really be a favorite of mine but I’ve come around to it and really like it. I like coarser exfoliants and this one is one of them. It’s not super coarse where it is scrubbing your skin off but you feel like it’s actually doing its job of getting rid of the dead skin cells. I use this about three times a week and right after, I use the moisturizing toner and then argan oil.
- vanille perfume. This isn’t really a skincare product but I have to share this with you guys. It’s seriously the best smelling perfume, ever! I get compliments every time I wear it. If you want to smell like a sugar cookie, this is the perfume for you. They sell it at Anthropologie and I stocked up with three so I never run out!
Let me know your winter beauty faves below! I love trying new products!
There aren’t any affiliate links in here nor do I get any compensation mentioning these products. They’re just ones I’ve used over and over again so I thought I’d share them with you too! :)