Gingerbread pancakes on Christmas morning (or any morning you are craving pancakes) is always a good thing!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla extract, molasses, and buttermilk.
Make a well in the dry ingredients then pour the liquid mixture into the middle and gently start to whisk together until all is combined and no lumps remain.
Heat a griddle or a skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray or add whatever fat you use to cook.
Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto heated griddle or skillet. Let cook until bubbles start to form at the top then flip.
Repeat until all batter has been used up.
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g