Hi! I’m Julie Chiou and I’m the blogger behind Table for Two. I’d like to personally welcome you to my table! Table for Two has a variety of wholesome recipes as well as travel, living, wellness, and career resources. I’m on a mission to simplify the relationship between food & busy lifestyles. I strive to inspire you with real recipes for real life that are always deliciously easy, innovative, and approachable that your whole family will love! I believe that you can always find time to make a homemade meal and I’m here to help you!
My passion for food dates all the way back to childhood where instead of watching cartoons, my mom had on Julia Child or Yan Can Cook on PBS for me to watch. I was always constantly in the kitchen trying to help out and shadow my mom. I believe that food brings people together and helps create long-lasting memories. There’s a reason why we all gather in the kitchen, go out to eat together, cook together — food is the common denominator!
I started this blog in 2011 because I needed a creative outlet from my full-time job. I’ve always been a really creative person (my background is in web development and design) and my full-time job wasn’t giving me any of that. I was becoming frustrated and creative folks like me need an outlet to flourish; so I used my web development and design skills to carve out this little space on the Internet.
My cooking philosophy is simple, healthy, quick, and delicious. I make all our meals with that in mind. You’ll see that throughout the blog — a lot of my dishes come together with ease and are very approachable — especially for weeknights & busy days!
Featured photos: Anna Grace Photography
I enjoy working with various companies and their brands to help you meet the needs of your sales or marketing goals, and to help spread the word of what you have to offer. Below are just some ideas of ways we can partner together. If you have other ideas, feel free to contact me by using the contact form. Please keep in mind that I work for compensation, not in exchange for exposure. I have relationships with many brands and have also developed recipes for them. My recipes and food photography have been featured on Huffington Post, Refinery29, BuzzFeed, Food Network and Food Network Magazine, and more. I have great media relationships with several PR companies and visitors bureaus that I’ve traveled and done press trips with, as well. If you’d like to see my media kit, which includes monthly blog statistics, feel free to request one! I’d be happy to send you a copy to see if we are in line with one another.
- Recipe Development: I love creating new recipes! It’s something I’m very passionate about and if you feel that you have a product that would work well in my kitchen, let’s chat!
- Travel Review/Press Trips: One of my biggest passions in life is traveling and going to new places and taking in the culture and surroundings. I’ve done travel reviews and press trips (hotels, resorts, destination) so please feel free to contact me if you’re interested in having me travel to your destination and giving it a thorough review on my blog! My passport and suitcase are ready when you are! :)
- Brand Ambassador Programs: I love partnering with companies I am passionate about. I would love to help your company create a customized social media campaign to help meet your marketing objectives. Whether it be sponsored posts or live Twitter chats, I’d love to help you promote your brand/company to my readers.
- Food Styling & Photography: Are you looking for a new recipe photograph for your website or publication? Or do you need updated photographs on an existing recipe? I can help!
- Conference Attendance: I am available to represent your company/brand at any food or blog related event.
- Product Giveaways and Reviews: At this time, I’m not taking on any product giveaways and review inquiries. Please check back at a later time if this is of interest to you. Thanks! I will only review/host giveaways with products that I personally love, use, and know my readers will love. I will absolutely NEVER host a giveaway without first giving the product a proper review by using it. Please note that I reserve the right to express my own opinion (good or bad) of the product(s) and I will never accept payment to publish positive feedback. I also do not let the company “edit” my posts for me. You’re more than welcome to request to see it prior to posting (for any linking mistakes or spelling errors) but I will not allow anything to be modified to give a bias toward the company or product.
- Advertising Opportunities: Please do not contact me about advertising opportunities. At this time, I’m happy with the ad networks I’m with. Sorry, but if I receive these sort of advertising inquiry emails, they will go unanswered.