Is this not the prettiest soup that you ever did see?!
This curried coconut lentil soup is so vibrant and is so creamy delicious! It is packed with flavor from the curry and spices. The coconut milk gives it a luxuriously creamy texture.
The best part?! It’s all put together in the Instant Pot!
I don’t cook with lentils EVER and I don’t know why. They’re so readily available and they’re a great source of protein.
They’re so versatile because you can basically mix anything together with the lentils and it’ll soak up all the flavor.
This soup is my new obsession and I hope it will be yours too. A lot of readers have requested Instant Pot and vegetarian recipes and I think that this combines the best of both worlds!
Instant Pot Curried Coconut Lentil Soup
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dried red split lentils
- 1 13.5- ounce can unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 14.5- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Press sauté on the front of your 6-quart Instant Pot. In the insert, add the onion, garlic, ginger paste, curry powder, crushed red pepper flakes, lentils, coconut milk, water, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix then let it come up to a simmer then press cancel. Immediately add the can of crushed tomatoes LAST and on top of everything else and do not stir it in. Pressure cookers seem to not like tomatoes for some reason and you will often times get a BURN notice. If you don't stir the tomatoes in and just let it sit on top, you should be fine.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and make sure that the vent is set to sealing.
- Using the manual function, use high pressure and set the cook time to 15 minutes.
- Once the soup has finished cooking, let sit for 15 minutes before you quick release the pressure. You can choose to either quick release it or let it naturally release, depending on how hungry you are or when dinner is!
- Divide evenly into bowls and garnish with parsley or cilantro on top.
There is an affiliate link within this post.