PLEASE VOTE FOR MY PHOTO HERE! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK “LIKE” AND THAT’S IT!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!
Isn’t Quince a beaut? She’s the lovely new & exclusive color addition to the Le Creuset collection at Williams-Sonoma! She’s a gorgeous shade of buttery yellow. I’m usually not a fan of the color yellow but there’s something about this shade of yellow that sold me. Perhaps it’s the subtle yellow hue that reminds me of butter and the sun?
So there’s a contest of some sort going on today…yes, y’all, a contest. AND I NEED YOUR HELP!! Will you help me? Please say yes. There’s something in it for you, too, I promise. Keep reading!
Well first, doesn’t this frittata look mouth-watering? This is my first ever frittata. I have always been skeptical of making one because I didn’t have the right skillet for it. None of my skillets were oven-safe so frittatas were out of the question until now! We gobbled up this frittata and I loved the ingredients I added to this – kale is SUCH a hearty vegetable to throw into a breakfast item. I really love it (pssst, this is my first time ever cooking with kale – can you believe it??). Wouldn’t you love to make this frittata at home in the same skillet? Of course you would!
Ok, so here’s the dealio. Williams-Sonoma and Le Creuset are having a friendly Pinterest contest with several food bloggers. The blogger with the most “likes” on their image will win a $500 gift card to Williams-Sonoma AND will win a giveaway on their blog for their readers.
You guys – if you help me win, you guys will have the chance to win the following Le Creuset Quince set (retail value of $585):
- Le Creuset 3.5 qt. signature braiser
- Le Creuset 10.25″ signature skillet
- Le Creuset 3.5 qt. oval dutch oven
Doesn’t this sound like fun? C’mon you guys! I know you’re dying to help me win and I know how much you adore me :)
The contest doesn’t go live until 3pm EST. Here’s the link to like it!!! All you have to do is click the little heart button (you need a Pinterest account first) and that’s it! You’ve liked it! You can re-pin it if you want but re-pins don’t count towards my final “score,” so please LIKE the sh!t out of it :)
Have I told you lately how much I loved you??
Turkey, Kale, Onion, & Sundried Tomato Frittata
Yield: 1 10″ frittata | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
10 large eggs
1/2 pound ground turkey
3/4 cup sundried tomato halves, sliced
1/2 large onion, diced
2 cups of loosely packed kale leaves, ribs removed
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn the boiler on in your oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 10 eggs. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat, brown the ground turkey then add in sundried tomatoes and onions. Cook until onions are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Gently add in the kale leaves, little by little. They will wilt down a lot so as soon as one batch wilts down, start adding more.
- Once all the kale has wilted, season mixture with salt and pepper then pour the eggs into the pan.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes before running a spatula along the edge of the eggs & pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes more, making sure the top of the frittata is still uncooked. Place the entire skillet carefully into the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, watching it carefully as you don’t want the top to burn.
- Once the top has cooked through and browned a little, carefully (with oven mitts) remove the pan and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- You can top with cheese, hot sauce, or whatever you wish. Serve warm.