Isn’t Quince a beaut? She’s the lovely new & exclusive color addition to the Le Creuset collection at Williams-Sonoma! She’s a gorgeous shade of buttery yellow. I’m usually not a fan of the color yellow but there’s something about this shade of yellow that sold me. Perhaps it’s the subtle yellow hue that reminds me of butter and the sun?
Well first, doesn’t this frittata look mouth-watering? This is my first ever frittata. I have always been skeptical of making one because I didn’t have the right skillet for it. None of my skillets were oven-safe so frittatas were out of the question until now! We gobbled up this frittata and I loved the ingredients I added to this – kale is SUCH a hearty vegetable to throw into a breakfast item. I really love it (pssst, this is my first time ever cooking with kale – can you believe it??). Wouldn’t you love to make this frittata at home in the same skillet? Of course you would!
- 10 large eggs
- ½ pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup sundried tomato halves, sliced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 cups of loosely packed kale leaves, ribs removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn the boiler on in your oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 10 eggs. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat, brown the ground turkey then add in sundried tomatoes and onions. Cook until onions are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Gently add in the kale leaves, little by little. They will wilt down a lot so as soon as one batch wilts down, start adding more.
- Once all the kale has wilted, season mixture with salt and pepper then pour the eggs into the pan.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes before running a spatula along the edge of the eggs & pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes more, making sure the top of the frittata is still uncooked. Place the entire skillet carefully into the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, watching it carefully as you don’t want the top to burn.
- Once the top has cooked through and browned a little, carefully (with oven mitts) remove the pan and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- You can top with cheese, hot sauce, or whatever you wish. Serve warm.