Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan pie bars are all the deliciousness of pecan pie but without the mess of making pie crust.
I’ve been dying to share this recipe with you guys. I made these almost two weeks ago and it’s been so hard to hold off posting these until now.
These dessert bars are extremely simple to make – they literally take zero effort to make and they come out as if you just brought them home from a professional bakery.
The hardest part of making these is the chill time. You gotta let it chill long enough to get perfectly clean slices. I swear Jason and I were hovering over the pan for 6 hours straight. We kept smelling the pan and touching the top to see if maybe they have set. Oh, the torture!
Every person I had sample a piece of this all came to the same conclusion: so good. They all said they were afraid it’d be super sweet but they were happily surprised to find that it was the perfect balance of sweetness to the buttery crust.
Make this apart of your dessert table this Thanksgiving! You won’t be missing the pie ;)
- For the crust:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- For the topping:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your 9 x 13″ pan with tin foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang on all sides.
- To make the crust, cream together butter and dark brown sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the flour and salt until mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the crust mixture into the lined pan and press into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes until nice and golden brown. Remove and set aside. Keep oven temperature.
- While the crust bakes, in a medium stockpot, melt butter, dark brown sugar, honey, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to a low simmer and pour the pecans in and stir to combine.
- When crust is ready, pour pecan mixture over the entire crust, using a spatula to make it a smooth, even layer.
- Return pan to oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Use the foil to lift out the bars and place on cutting board to slice. Peel down the foil sides and slice with a very sharp knife for a clean edge.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.