This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
Alfredo Pasta with Cajun Spiced Chicken a wonderful creamy pasta and chicken dish with a spicy kick. Quick enough for weeknight dinners or the perfect comfort food for weekends.
I think the sun should be out every weekend. No if’s, and’s, or but’s about it.
I feel like I’ve been jipped of a weekend whenever it’s rainy or cloudy all weekend. I always wish there was a redo, like taking off Monday and Tuesday to makeup for it. It always seems like during the work week when I’m stuck indoors, it’s always sunny. I long for that sunlight! It makes taking pictures of food so much easier! Weekends for me, are my only times to cook all day and take pictures. Whenever it’s cloudy, it also puts me in a bad mood and I just want to be all frumpy and sit on the couch and watch trashy tv all day.
Anyway, I mustered up enough energy and dragged myself away from some episode of Real Housewives of Orange County on my DVR to make dinner Saturday night.
Ever since I was young, I remember pasta alfredo was my most favorite pasta in the world. Still is.
Whenever my parents took us to Olive Garden (I know, so authentic), this girl (who probably should weigh well over 200 pounds for ordering this) would always order the Tour of Italy. YES. I DID. It was probably 7000 calories but I didn’t care. I loved that tour. On a massive plate you got lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, and chicken parmigiana. And I would eat the entire plate. HAHA, I’m so healthy. Cut me some slack, this was in high school — I obviously wouldn’t eat all of that now. Maybe 3/4 of the plate, but not all of it.
I know there are skinny alfredo recipes out there, but I didn’t go skinny. I went for the mother load of fatty. I know, I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help it. I had to keep my eating bad alfredo streak going. At least I’m saving money by eating this at home. I also threw in some Cajun spice in there because I felt it needed a bit of flare. That kick to wake you up from your trashy tv induced coma.
Alfredo Pasta with Cajun Spiced Chicken
- 1 pound fettuccine or spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened, and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken tenderloins, sliced diagonally into 1.5" pieces
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, season with salt, and add in your pasta. Cook it according to the instructions on the package and drain well when finished cooking. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, brown your chicken on both sides and season with Cajun seasoning. Cook chicken through, about 5-7 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and then add in the garlic. Cook the garlic with the butter for about 2 minutes, until it's nice a fragrant, then whisk in the cream cheese. Continue whisking for 2 minutes then gradually add in the milk while whisking. Then whisk in the Parmesan cheese until a nice, smooth sauce forms. Add salt and pepper, more to taste.
- Put the cooked chicken in the sauce and then add in your pasta.
- Gently fold the pasta and chicken into the sauce, making sure to cover every bit of pasta.
- Serve hot with a side of garlic bread or side salad, if you wish.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Monday 7th of February 2022
ty so much looks delish..it won't let me save recipes on your site..wonder why..i have to pin to pinerest or print..works thankfully..huggzz
Wednesday 1st of March 2017
Thank you for this simple yet delicious recipe. I added green peas.
Sunday 18th of October 2015
Yum love chicken and pasta. Thanks for sharing.
Dr. Bj Tellis
Wednesday 22nd of October 2014
Celebratiing 50yrs as a private chef. Cooking is my passion. I've had the pleasure of cooking for 5 ministers.. I have a Doctorate degree in Christian ministry and. my #1 love is Christian ministry,and preaching is my ultimate passion but enough about me your recipes and photography are so awesome! They are easy to read and follow..Thanx for sharing
Anna @ hiddenponies
Friday 30th of March 2012
This looks so delicious - perfect comfort food for any day! Love your photos, as usual!