Did the daylight saving get to you yesterday? I personally don’t mind it because we get to have longer days and so much more light in the evenings! And we have it for 8 whole months! I love that it’s 8 months of longer days and only 4 months of short darkness. It’s a pretty good compromise ;)
This past weekend we met with our potential builder that would be building our house. There’s two lots that they’re giving us the option of choosing between and Jason and I think we already know which one we want. We just have to lock it down and make sure no one takes it from us! We were able to see the blueprint of the house that would go on the lot and we’re getting so so excited. We went to the design center on Saturday to look at finishes and choose general ‘tiers’ of what we would want in our house to get a general sense of pricing. I cannot wait until we actually do the entire design of the house and get to choose from thousands of different options. Although, I have major decision dilemmas so this could prove to be difficult. I can’t wait to blog about this journey!
Okay you guys, this ultimate skillet lasagna is going to change the way you make lasagna forever. I don’t ever want to make it in a casserole dish anymore and spend time layering. That takes too much time and we are all about quick and delicious these days, am I right?! Well, this ultimate skillet lasagna is going to be your new bff. It’s PACKED with flavor and it’s so creamy and rich. We have made this twice already and love it every single time.
Ultimate Skillet Lasagna
- 1 pound fresh hot Italian sausage*, casings removed
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into three big segments
- 32 oz really good marinara sauce such as Rao's
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In an oven-safe, 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up the sausage into small pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once the sausage has been broken up and mostly cooked through, add the onions and minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
- Add the lasagna noodles to the skillet and carefully pour marinara sauce all over the top. Using your spatula or wooden spoon, move around the noodles so the sauce can get to the bottom and in between the noodles. Bring everything to a boil then reduce to a simmer and let cook until noodles have softened, about 15 minutes. You'll want to stir and toss the noodles every now and then so the heat is evenly distributed throughout to cook the noodles.
- Once the noodles have softened and cooked through, in a small bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese. Pre-heat oven to broil.
- In large dollops, put ricotta cheese mixture all over the pasta dish and give it a stir but not entirely mixing it all in and having it disappear in the mixture.
- Sprinkle mozzarella all over the top of the pasta dish and put it in the oven under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Carefully remove from oven and garnish with basil (if using).
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
There are affiliate links within this post.